Options

T@B audio and video modification

My wife enjoys watching a movie or two while out in the wild and was not impressed with the factory options in our T@B Maxx. So begins the transformation!
As we all know, the position of the factory speakers are not optimal for quality TV viewing (television not tow vehicle). I tried to think of a way to get the sound behind the TV with a couple of speakers but could not envision a good placement or mounting plan. While at the local Walmart, I saw a small sound bar and had an eureka moment, that is what I was needing. I mounted it on the window valence next to the air conditioner. Back in the T@B I started looking at the factory installed Jensen sound system. It was the very basic unit with only 2 audio inputs (one in front and one in the back). I was going to need audio output to feed the sound bar. Looking at my options, I settled on the Jensen AWM975 stereo/DVD unit. It has a plethora of inputs and outputs. It even has a HDMI video/audio output. Without checking on the dimensions, I ordered one. Why would it be any different from the one I was going to remove? Well when it came, it was different and would not fit where the factory unit was installed. I built a box and located it on the side of the air conditioner to hold the new Jensen unit. The factory speaker wires where routed through the ceiling and I did not feel like rerouting them so I did not reattach them to the stereo. Will use the sound bar for all the audio. Added an extension to the FM antenna to reach the new location. The factory 19 inch TV (see above) was replaced with a 27 inch unit from a previous trailer. I was then able to add my AndroidTV to the mix which is what I use for streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime, Pandora ect.  I can even use it to cruise the Internet. It attaches to the TV via HDMI. Now I can enjoy a movie with the sound coming from the correct direction and not blasting in one ear. The sound bar even included a Bluetooth option which the Jensen unit is lacking.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.