Possible freshwater drain leak?

After returning from a trip with my 2022 Tab 320CS, I opened the usual low point, heater, and fresh water drains. There was not much freshwater left in the tank, and while some did come out of the exit, I noticed water flowing from a strange location near the freshwater tank drain valve. It flowed down under the external floor of the camper. I have never seen this before. Is it a symptom of a bigger problem? Have any of you seen this before?

Thank you for any tips and suggestions.

2022 Tab 320 CS-S Boondock

Comments

• pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,906
    You could have water collecting above the plastic cover (the coroplast) if you happened to drive through some rain, etc.  How much is flowing out?
    Another thing that has happened is with the low point drains on the driver's side of the trailer.  The little white drain "spouts" (like the one shown as the fresh tank drain) don't completely clear the frame of the trailer over there, and the water can collect along the frame itself.  So...have a look over on that side and check the status of those little white "spouts" and see that they are draining away from the frame.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,704
    @pthomas745 - there are 2 openings in his photo - to the left and to the right.  Which is the outlet for the tank drain?  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • ybakosybakos Member Posts: 60
    There is really only one outlet, it is to the left of the valve handle.

Normally, when I drain, water only comes out at this point, as expected. This latest time, there was minimal water coming out, and some dripping at the odd area indicated by the water in the photo. The tank is nearly empty, hence the limited amount coming out of the proper drain, but I had never before seen water in the areas shown.

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,704
    What is the square opening in the corroplast?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 993
    What is the square opening in the corroplast?
    Exhaust vent of the AIR 8

• MaxcampMaxcamp Member Posts: 274
    edited October 12
    Is the white PVC to left of the drain knob the Pex outlet? 
    If so and water is not creeping backwards along the outside of it you may have a fitting leak.  Perhaps you can remove some of the coroplast fastening screws (50% may shear or have been sheared by Nucamp! Requiring vise grips and curses...) and peer inside while draining.
    On my 2021 320s the threaded tank outlet threading is oversized (loose) and Nucamp stuffed plumbing putty into the threads... which leaked.
    I replumbed the entire drain run.
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/202413/#Comment_202413
    photo four shows tank connection.

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck

• ybakosybakos Member Posts: 60
    Thank you @Maxcamp !

I am hoping it is not a fitting leak.

An update. When I first drained and saw the dribbling / leak symptoms, I did not have the trailer tilted toward the back and corner as I usually do. This is important because my driveway at home is a slight grade.

I jacked it up and tilted as usual, and opened the drain again, and far more water came out of the fresh water drain discharge tube, in a flow as usual, and no dribbling on the underside as shown in my original photos above.

I think that the water was "just" dribbling out of the exit port, and trickling back in and under, and down the underside.

I will post back here if I see the "leaky" symptom again. Otherwise, lesson learned to be sure the trailer is tilted well before draining.