Propane won’t stay lit.

I have a 2017 320s. When I follow the instructions for running the refrigerator on propane the flame indicator light stays lit for about 5 seconds then goes out. I tried precooling on dc but that didn’t work. Is this OE?

Comments

• pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,905
    Which fridge?  Has it ever run for you before? 
    Running a propane fridge on battery (DC) is running the battery down at a rapid pace, so check your battery state of charge.  Try precooling on shore power instead.
    There can be many reasons for a propane fridge to be not lighting:  from low propane, bad pigtails and regulators, and the fridge itself.  There are lots of threads that can help.  Tell us what fridge it is.
    Welcome to the Forums!
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,694
    Carlprs said:
    I have a 2017 320s. 
    . . . propane the flame indicator light stays lit for about 5 seconds then goes out.

As noted the Fridge Model Number would be helpful 2017/2018 had a mix of the 3160 and N180 which have different lighting sequence/controls

HOWEVER, both do require keeping the Propane Gas Flow (flame size) Button pressed for a few minutes after the pilot lights so the 'good flame' senor comes up to operating temperature (voltage).
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  54   Nights:  341  Towing Miles 43,780