Alde Flame Sensor and Ignition Electrode Wiring

We have a 2017 T@b 320-CS (Clamshell) with the Alde 3010 heater which shows a "Gas Failure" error on the Control Panel when trying to start the gas burner.  I have dismantled the burner while troubleshooting and have narrowed the problem down to either the Ignition Electrodes or the main Control Printed Circuit Board and the Ignition Transformer in particular.  Question:  how can I verify the Ignition Electrodes are good and no voltage is being sent from the PCB to the Electrodes?   Or that voltage is being sent out to the Electrodes but the Electrodes are bad?    Also, how hard is it to disconnect the wires for the Electrodes and Flame Sensor from the PCB - I can't seem to get them loose from their connections?  Thanks for any help you can send along.
2017  T@B 320-CS Clamshell,  TV:  2017 Explorer V-6 with Brake Controller

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,704
    Contact Truma

service@trumacorp.com  Or. (855) 558-7862
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,694
    Yes, do contact Truma Technical Support.

Do you have the 3010 Service Manual (only printed in UK, can be downloaded).
    SM provides information on how to replace stuff . . . but no real troubleshooting aids.

A few pages of SM in the attached PDF for your reference

This Forum has a 3010 SM Copy
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  54   Nights:  341  Towing Miles 43,780
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,906
    Before you dismantled the Alde: did you reset the error by turning off the battery switch, etc?
    Even if other devices in the trailer are working on propane, it is possible for the propane pigtails and propane regulator to be not quite working as well as the Alde wants and caused the error.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • WB17WB17 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks MuttonChops - I have seen the SM and used it to help dismantle the burner.  As you said, it wasn't a great help in the final troubleshooting.
  • WB17WB17 Member Posts: 3
    thanks pthomas745 - yes, we have reset about 25 times over the past couple of weeks.  I installed a pressure gauge a while back in the gas line just before the burner entry and it reads full pressure (13" w.c.).  During an attempted start up we can smell a bit of gas coming out the exhaust port before the "Gas Failure" message pops up.  To me this means the Ignition process is working well right up to the point of ignition - fan on, limits are OK, gas valve opens, but then no spark.  Figured I would reach out to the Forum before calling Truma/Alde.
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,906
    @WB17 Got it, just wanted to cover the bases!  If you are talking water column inches you know as much as anyone about how this works!
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi