VICTRON

We just got back from Acadia Blackwoods with our 2024 NUCAMP 320S.  We were running off of solar.  we had 100 percent battery when we unhooked.  We were GTG the first two nights then something went haywire the second morning.  Our I phones could not connect consistently to the Victron and when it did, it pulled up a 'REDFERD SHUNT" and a "REDFERD SOLAR".   Our SHUNT and SOLAR were not receiving predictably into the I PHONE.   CAN someone intentionally stop the VICTRON from being received from a paired device?

We had no power the third night with 39 degrees outside so we used a portable gas heater for a few minutes and awakened to an inside temperature of 63.  We had electrical hookup en route and everything seem to reset itself and now home with no issues.  

As asked above, can someone intentionally stop the pairing from functioning properly?  If so, how do I prevent?  How did VICTRON APP  pull up the "REDFERD SHUNT" and "REDFERD SOLAR"?  

Thanks for your constructive comments.

Comments

• pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,906
    Have you set the Victron to your own password? Victrons are in many different kinds of campers, and you may have been picking up another camper's device. 
    Are you picking up your Victron now? 
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • fourthruschoolfourthruschool Member Posts: 2
    We did update our password from the default 000000(six zeroes).  We are picking up my own VICTRON now.   Thru day two AM we could read our VICTRON then something happened and we could read nothing consistently.

• rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 993
    Very low battery voltage would limit or disable the Victron functionality and certainly Bluetooth.  This would also explain the no power situation.  Do you have another volt meter?

• Bill&SuzeBill&Suze Member Posts: 69
    It does sound like what @pthomas745 suggested, that your app was communicating with a nearby neighbor's SmartShunt and SmartSolar setup. I've seen this many times at various campgrounds, including on Mt. Desert, but our devices were not displaced on the app readout by neighboring devices - we could see them though.
    Susan & Bill, Yarmouth, Maine
    2024 T@B 400 Boondock Black Canyon
    2024 Kia EV9
  • elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 366
    The Victron app will see any devices within range. That does not mean that the app actually connected to those devices.

What is your battery setup? Capacity? You said you had “electrical hookup en route? What does that mean? 
    edited October 15
    We just got back from Acadia Blackwoods with our 2024 NUCAMP 320S.  We were running off of solar.  we had 100 percent battery when we unhooked.  We were GTG the first two nights then something went haywire the second morning.  Our I phones could not connect consistently to the Victron and when it did, it pulled up a 'REDFERD SHUNT" and a "REDFERD SOLAR".   Our SHUNT and SOLAR were not receiving predictably into the I PHONE.   CAN someone intentionally stop the VICTRON from being received from a paired device?

We had no power the third night with 39 degrees outside so we used a portable gas heater for a few minutes and awakened to an inside temperature of 63.  We had electrical hookup en route and everything seem to reset itself and now home with no issues.  

As asked above, can someone intentionally stop the pairing from functioning properly?  If so, how do I prevent?  How did VICTRON APP  pull up the "REDFERD SHUNT" and "REDFERD SOLAR"?  

Thanks for your constructive comments.

I think your phones "could not connect consistently to the Victron" because your T@B battery was dying or dead. The Victron devices are powered from your T@B battery. Separately, your phones could see a neighbor's Victron devices because the app will see any powered-up Victron devices in its vicinity. We recently we had a T@B rally in NorCal with ~70 trailers and I could see dozens of Victron devices on my Victron Connect app. It's a good idea to use the app to rename your devices to something that is unique to you (like whoever owns the REDFERD RV did). It's also a good idea to change the passcode if you're worried about someone accidentally/maliciously monkeying with your Victron settings.
    You don't say if you have a lithium battery or a lead acid battery. If the former, it probably went into low voltage cutoff and hopefully your solar is now restoring the battery. This shouldn't harm the Battleborns that NuÇamp uses. OTOH, if you have a lead acid battery, it's lost one of its nine lives. When boondocking it's a good idea to keep a close watch on the Smart Shunt section of the app to see your net power use/production so you make make adjustments as needed before you kill the battery. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab