Comments

• Options
    scubascuba Member Posts: 87
    Go with the round ones :))
    Life is good! Great in a T@B!
    2014 CS-S Maxx
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Belva -- I don't know a hoot about tires, but there has been discussion recently on the Yahoo Forum regarding tires that might be helpful.  I put T@B tires in the YaHoo search box, and it brought up 118 messages. :-B
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    Tires are an area where I do not skimp. That said, consider the fact that trailer tires will often require replacement before they "wear out" due to age and cracking, so you don't need to break the bank, either.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    T@B tires are worn on outside and cupping is evident. Right side more than the left side. 
    We have had a lot of sway and motion, we believe due to the wrong hitch. Tongue of the T@B was too high when hitched to tv. We switched to a lower drop on the hitch and the sway seems to be resolved.
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    Found some round shoes for T@B at Goodyear. ST205/75R14 Marathon Trailer. Mount, Balance, valve stem, disposal fee - $250.00. My local guys says these are very good tires. T@B tows and feels better. The original tires were very very basic tires. Even at basic, they should not have worn so badly. We think the drop on the hitch was the problem.Caused a lot of bounce and sway.  Peace of mind for our upcoming long road trip. 
    Guy checked the spare and it is secure but is held in place by a plastic piece. I guess Brooke's spare tire is on the highway somewhere. Sorry Brooke. Has anyone else lost a spare tire? 
  • Options
    Tire guy set the psi at 40. We'll tow her this weekend at that tire pressure and then adjust down, if needed.