Options

New Member CS-S or S ?

Aloha, Wife and I are retiring next summer and thinking of getting a new T@b and tour the mainland. I'm just shy of 6' and wife is 5'4". We're interested in a CS-S but we don't have any T@bs to compare here in Hawaii.  Our main concern is we might be to cramped in the CS-S model or would a T@b S be a better option. We really like the outside cooking area. Anyone about 6' have CS-S experience and thoughts on the subject?

Comments

• Options
    CanuckTabberCanuckTabber Member Posts: 41
    I am 5'8, wife is 5'1.  She sleeps comforT@Bly and I feel a bit jammed in and we have the clamshell.  Having said that, it is a very comfortable 'bed'.  I wish the sleeping area was a bit larger but with two dogs the kitchen outside was mandatory.  We love it, and we already miss being out on the road.  Good luck !
  • Options
    BooRadleyBooRadley Member Posts: 39
    We debated the same issue. I'm 6'1", and found that the bed was just too short. So we bought Outback-S, and have absolutely no regrets. Interestingly, we've not yet used the indoor stove - outdoor cooking and camping just seem to go together - although we use the sink all the time, and the wet-bath is a real bonus. As others have said, much of it is personal preference, but for us the shorter bed on the clamshell was the clincher.
    2016 Outback
  • Options
    CanuckTabberCanuckTabber Member Posts: 41
    If I was taller....I wouldve gone with the inside kitchen.
  • Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    Hey Captain, look at the mod described in this thread:
    http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1861/clamshell-sleeping
    In a Clamshell, they made an extension that bridges the space from the passenger side bench to the bench across the front that is in the CS model. That looks like a pretty nifty arrangement for a tall person.
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    vitovito Member Posts: 181
    Honestly, if I were over 6 feet tall I would not have bought a T@b. I'm only barely 5'8" and my head just about touches the ceiling light in the shower. I can stand up fully erect in the main part of the trailer, but there is little room above me. If I had to hunch over every time I went into the trailer, or had to really bend over in the shower, I would buy a taller camper, period. 
    2016 T@b S Maxx
    2011 Subaru Outback
    Rockford, Illinois
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    vito - If I recall, you like a nice hot shower every morning (like home) with sewer hookups to accommodate so the shower in full stand up mode is a very important feature for you. Not everyone needs that or does a sit/wash/rinse routine (or even a sponge bath) so accommodate differently. Most of the full height campers I looked at require a V8 to pull and many just don't want to make that jump up to a bigger vehicle.
  • Options
    vitovito Member Posts: 181
    I agree, and a prime reason I bought my T@b is because I could tow it with my Subaru Outback. I just didn't want to plunk down big bucks for a more powerful tow vehicle that I would be also using as our second or primary car. In fact, had we not found the T@b, I likely would have committed myself to the really expensive purchase of a new (small) motorhome. With the add-a-room tent the T@b is close to perfect for us, especially because we are not tall people. I just wish it were a tad longer to allow the bed AND the dinette to function at the same time. Whether that could be done without exceeding the 3,000 pound tow limit of my Outback is another question. 
    2016 T@b S Maxx
    2011 Subaru Outback
    Rockford, Illinois
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    There's a bigger T@B coming (supposedly) but from what I've heard/read, it will require a V8.
  • Options
    captainwingscaptainwings Member Posts: 30
    Thanks Vito ,  We also drive a "15 Outback 4 cyl. I chose the Tab for the same reason. Yesterday came to the same conclusion that with additional screened in room we should be fine. Thanks everyone for all the input.