Options

Shade Screen for the Front

Just curious whether they ever made curved shade/screens for the front window on the T@B?  My current shade on my 2006 has straight edges against the curved wall of the trailer which means that there are large gaps on either side where mosquitoes pour in.  Seems like there'd be a more elegant solution than stuffing the gaps with bench pillows.  Also, I've broken one of the plastic hooks on another shade and it now won't stay down.  Is the only alternative to replace the entire fixture or could one replace just the hook somehow?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Am not familiar with the front window of a 2006 but the shade on the front of my 2015 is curved, no gaps. I just replaced mine and was just four screws. You might check with the factory and see if the curve is the same.
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    I have an '06 and mine is the same.  I stuffed the holes with foam I cut to fit in the space.  It has worked for me for a few years.  Just cut foam to shape and stuffed in the airspace.  

I probably should do something else, but it has worked for a few years so I've not really thought about what might be better solution.  

I don't think the plastic hook is fixable. Is it broken or bent?  I have a bent one that I've nursed a by adjusting when I pull down.  

I did order a new side shade from LG but it was different shade entirely, so I haven't installed.  The one they sent me had the shade at the top and the screen at the bottom (pull up and then pull down.  Interesting but I would order two and replace both side windows if I were to switch over to the newer ones.  

I like Pxlated's comment.  I'm not sure if the new front one will fit on the DM's.  If so, drop a note on this forum and those of us with older ones can consider replacing in the future.