Options

Just ordered our T@B

Just got back from the dealer.  We traded our Silver Shadow and ordered a Q-MAX T@B, Outback Edition.  We are now anxiously waiting as we spend the next few months just reading everyone's posts on the forum.  IS IT HERE YET!!!
Ed & Tea
Linden, VA
2016 T@B Q Max Outback Package - 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road
Shenandoah Valley T@BBERS

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Congrats - Plenty of useful info here while you wait.
  • Options
    PlaycPlayc Member Posts: 234
    Congratulations ... best time to visit Texas campgrounds in the Fall and Winter months.
    2015 S Sofitel, Austin/Houston
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Picked up my new 2016 Outback almost two weeks ago.  VERY happy with it.  Excellent ground clearance and easy to tow.  Sturdy workmanship.  A few things - make sure you check your car jack (for enough height) and tire iron (for lug nut size)!  The lug nuts on my Ford Expedition are a different size than the Outback ($14 lug wrench solved the problem).  The Ford scissors jack extended high enough to raise the Outback, so no need to buy another. Finally, cut four 4x4 blocks for use with the stabilizer jacks.  The Outback sits too high off the ground for them to be of much use.  And oh yes, the magnetic strip on the shower door will fall out, so might as well put some JB Weld on the bottom plastic insert on your first day of ownership.  Having said all that - You're going to love this thing!
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    KeltdubhKeltdubh Member Posts: 54
    Thanks AZ for all the good pointers. 
    Ed & Tea
    Linden, VA
    2016 T@B Q Max Outback Package - 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Shenandoah Valley T@BBERS
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    OutbackAZ said:
    Picked up my new 2016 Outback almost two weeks ago.  VERY happy with it.  Excellent ground clearance and easy to tow. 
    A woman stopped me at a rest stop near Denver to comment about the ground clearance. She and her husband bought a T@b last summer, but sold it due to the lack of ground clearance. I could tell she wishes she still had a T@b but with the extra ground clearance. I had a regular T@B but took it to the factory to have the axel and tires of the Outback model installed. I also put the spare in my TV. I am very pleased with the clearance.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    jkjenn - what did that cost you?  I'm sure others might want to do the same thing.  My problem was falling in love with the Outback at first sight.  I'd been looking at truck campers, 18' trailers and even some Class C's.  Nothing grabbed my interest until I saw the Outback on the lot. Bought it on the spot.  However, except for the ground clearance, most of the other differences are cosmetic (including the Yakima rack with only 30 lbs. usable).
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    boo said:
    jkjenn said:
    OutbackAZ said:
    Picked up my new 2016 Outback almost two weeks ago.  VERY happy with it.  Excellent ground clearance and easy to tow. 
    A woman stopped me at a rest stop near Denver to comment about the ground clearance. She and her husband bought a T@b last summer, but sold it due to the lack of ground clearance. I could tell she wishes she still had a T@b but with the extra ground clearance. I had a regular T@B but took it to the factory to have the axel and tires of the Outback model installed. I also put the spare in my TV. I am very pleased with the clearance.
    Bet she had the spare tire mounted underneath.
    Jenn, we are considering ordering ours with the axle and tires. Want a CS-S. Any idea how much weight they added?
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"