Options

Locking vent position on side windows

XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
edited May 2014 in Tips & Tricks
This may be old news, but thanks to the folks on the LG forum, I went out to look at the side windows on our 14 T@b. I'll be danged if there wasn't a second slot where the window locks that allows it to lock slightly open, allowing both ventilation and security. Awesome!
LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 

Comments

• Options
    CorfuCorfu Member Posts: 51
    I turned my head and looked and it's true! Thanks! I'm on a week long solo trip (night 4).
    Steve
    Maryland
    2014 T@B S Maxx "T@BOO"
    2005 Honda Pilot
  • Options
    BryanRBryanR Member Posts: 32
    Thanks for the reminder - I completely forgot about this feature. I now remember the dealer pointing this out about the windows. It would have come in handy a couple of trips ago when the rain was blowing in through the screen.
    Bryan & Vicki 2014 T@B CS-S MaXX ** 2016 Chevy Silverado Double Cab
    Transplanted Hoosier in Richmond, VA
    Go Colts!

• Options
    PaulaKPaulaK Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2014
    Is this a feature of the pre-2015 window style? I don't think our windows have this option although I guess we can crank them out and tighten them up in that position. Duh.

Paula & Larry | 2015 T@B S M@XX "Serenity"| 2014 Subaru Outback | Maple Grove, MN
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    I don't see it on the listed 2014 but built in 2013. 
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    Here is a snap of the window lock bases. Note the channel... if the handle blades are locked in the channel, the window is gapped. If the window is fully closed, the locking handle blades will be on the inside.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    PaulaKPaulaK Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2014
    Interesting. The latches on our windows are different but similar. I've been thinking that the windows are locked when the "blade" is in the channel, but it seems that it might be completely closed only when the blade is on the other side of the channel. It's raining here or I would snap a photo of it.

Paula & Larry | 2015 T@B S M@XX "Serenity"| 2014 Subaru Outback | Maple Grove, MN
  • Options
    jbug10jbug10 Member Posts: 156
    My 2013 has that option.  I even used it in winter since it's good to have a little fresh air exchange and the window is only open a bit.  Plus it helps make it feel a little more secure depending on where you are camping.
    June; 2013 T@b "Fant@bulous"; 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee; one kayak and one bike
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    My T@B is a 2014 model, manufactured in Sept. 2013, and I also have that option.  I really like it.  I keep the window in that "barely open" position when I am camping.  It's gotten down to 39 degrees outside (43 degrees inside) and I'm still warm without even operating the Alde, utilizing a down sleeping bag and a fleece blanket.  Works great!!!    :D
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    I just found that window position. Great feature. I do not remember the Dealer pointing that out when we purchased T@B. Glad to know about it. 
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I love the locking knobs on the 2015 T@bs. You can open your window at any desired interval.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    JustjudyJustjudy Member Posts: 75
    Yes, I love that, too. And also the ability to make the screen and shade meet anywhere. This morning camping in the driveway I cracked the window open, pulled the screen up about 4 inches and the shade down to meet it. Best of both. Have I mentioned that I love my T@B?
    Larry and Judy. 2015 T@B S M@xx. Silver with black trim. Bell@. Towed by a 2005 Toyota Tacoma.
  • Options
    What's funny is that I felt a bit jealous of the 15 adjustability, until I figured I could do the same thing with a rubber band around the arms... ...and just prior to attempting it read something about this from the LG forum.

With this, I don't feel as slighted or lacking, since moderate vent with security, half way, and wide open seem to get it done.

Then again, it's possible that I have no idea what I am missing! :D
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    The Dutchmen T@Bs have the same window venting.  It's always good to sleep with a window vented as well as the roof vent open a tad.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.