Options

Hot Water Drain Valve Position for Winterization

Hi,

I'm a newbie 2015 Tab Max S owner wanting to winterize for the first time. The hot water drain valve in my Tab came in the 6 o'clock position.  The Tab winterization pamphlet that I printed from this forum shows that the 6 o'clock position is for the winterization mode. All the other valves came in the camping season position. The pamphlet shows that the camping season position for the hot water drain valve is 12 o'clock.
Please advise. Thank you in advance for your assistance, Dave

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Dave28 said:
    Hi,

I'm a newbie 2015 Tab Max S owner wanting to winterize for the first time. The hot water drain valve in my Tab came in the 6 o'clock position.  The Tab winterization pamphlet that I printed from this forum shows that the 6 o'clock position is for the winterization mode. All the other valves came in the camping season position. The pamphlet shows that the camping season position for the hot water drain valve is 12 o'clock.
    Have you used your hot water, yet? If you have used it, than it is currently in "summer position." Mine was also the opposite of the diagram.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    gilbutlergilbutler Member Posts: 169
    Dave28 said:
    Hi,

Dave, I've been searching for that diagram, but have been unsuccessful.  Could you please point me to it?

Gil
    Gil Butler, Folsom, CA, 2015 T@B M@XX CS - White with Yellow tim
  • Options
    Dave28Dave28 Member Posts: 40
    jkjenn,  We have used the hot water...love the Alde system! Should I turn the hot water drain valve to the parallel position for the winterization mode? Thank you

Gil, here is the link to the diagram:  www.tab-rv.com/download/literature/Winterizing-a-Tab.pdf
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Dave28 said:
    jkjenn,  We have used the hot water...love the Alde system! Should I turn the hot water drain valve to the parallel position for the winterization mode? Thank you

Gil, here is the link to the diagram:  www.tab-rv.com/download/literature/Winterizing-a-Tab.pdf
    Yes

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014