Options

"Swivel-loc" rotating ball receiver

RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
edited October 2015 in Trailer & Towing

Does anybody have this or something similar? You pull the pin and swing the ball to where your coupler happens to be, instead of dragging the trailer or pulling forward and backward over and over to get lined up exactly.  When you pull your TV forward, the mechanism swings back to straight and clicks into place.  I tend to try to the "man-handle" the trailer which works, but this is not helping a shoulder injury heal.  This looks like it may be helpful for those with back issues too. 'Just curious if anybody has first-hand experience with it.  Sells for about $140 on Amazon.  There is also an adjustable version (has a 5 inch rise to 6 inch drop) for about $190.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cIB5JCGx4w4 

Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Interesting - Never seen such a thing.
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    I know, right? I got turned on to it by a T@B owner on the FB page who has my same TV.  I saw that in one of his pictures it appears as though he can fully lower his tailgate while hitched.  I cannot.  My tailgate comes down to rest on the top of the jockey wheel crank shaft.  This makes it hard to get in and out of the truck bed as the tailgate is about 30 degrees from fully open.  I also worry about damaging my tailgate by letting it rest that way.  There is a towel between at all times, but I still worry.  He replied that he has a variation of this thing and as an added benefit, it is just long enough (longer than a standard receiver) to allow his tailgate to drop fully.  So, for me, this would solve that problem, and keep me from totally shredding my rotator cuff.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Wonder if it lowers you're towing capacity like those tongue extenders for bikes.
    A Jack-E-Up would solve the tailgate thing - It was invented by a guy tired of denting his tailgates.