Options

Nice, cheap T@B carport

Bought this on Amazon for $209 with free shipping.  9' wide x 15' long.  I had to add an 8" extension to each leg for the Outback roof to clear.  The side panel is an old sunshade from HomeDepot I installed temporarily.  Center left leg clears the door.  The legs are bolted to OSB (outdoor plywood) boards.  The concrete pavers secure the boards and legs.  "Monarc" by ShelterLogic.  Very happy with the final result.  Can't beat the price.

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.

Comments

• Options
    BBchBumBBchBum Member Posts: 105
    what a nice clean installation!  looks great and you can't beat the price - and it seems to go with your house.
    couldn't have planned it better ;-)
  • Options
    Dave28Dave28 Member Posts: 40
    Sir,  Great solution!  I am very much interested in also doing this. Please explain more about how you added extensions to the legs and how you bolted and secured the legs. Thank you in advance for your advice. Dave
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Dave:
    would be happy to share the details off forum. Call me at 602-245-0884 (Phoenix time).
    Frank
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    It looks really nice. How do you think it will hold up to a wind storm?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    It replaces a Harbor Freight 10 x 20 carport that I had for over a year. I was stunned after each dust storm that it was still standing! Same company makes both - shelter logic. The key is to secure each pipe frame together with a screw or duck tape. My HF carport was secured with duct tape while the new Monarc is secured with screws. Both units come with plastic base plates with openings for bolts. Again, they survived many a wild dust storm (we don't have rain in Phoenix). Google Harbor Freight car ports for more info.