Options

Running a wire from battery to inside T@b

2»

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Maybe a small rubber grommet and fill the hole in with caulk after I get the cable through. I have also read that you can sew a screen with fishing line. I definitely do not want critters!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    What I'm also considering is that the flat RJ45 wire is not weatherproof and will need to be in a conduit. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Verna said:
    What I'm also considering is that the flat RJ45 wire is not weatherproof and will need to be in a conduit. 
    Yes, I actually have some ready to go. One reason I am glad I am able to route most of it through the T@b inside is that is less conduit and less room for something to happen to it.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    That's good. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    I am nearly done with the installation. It's not terribly difficult, just working shorter daylight hours right now. I have all of the wiring done and only have to cut a hole in wall (yikes) for the display and do a little clean-up.

FWIW, if anyone needs to remove the vent below the fridge, you must use a ratcheting, or some other type of right angle screwdriver with a square head.

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    This angle driver works really well (Home Despot):

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    ChanW said:
    This angle driver works really well (Home Despot):

That would have been a lot easier. :|

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2017
    Hi Verna, you mention "ridgid plastic conduit" in your post above.  Is that the black tubing with ridges and a slice down the entire lenth that you can stuff wires into, or did you use something more sturdy?  I just bougbt the BMV and Im trying to figure out what other parts I need. Im super nervous about this project but I hate to have to take it to the dealership to get it installed.  I trying to decide if I should just make a new hole in the wheel well, or try to fish the wire around from the fridge vent in tbe floor.  I think a new hole is the best idea if I can figure out what kind of conduit to use.  Thanks!
  • Options
    @robyn769, I never did install the equipment I intended to install. The ridged conduit would be an weather resistant conduit, unless you could find a heavy duty flexible conduit that is also weather resistant.

If you look around the Alde, there are a couple of holes already going through the floor. You might try those holes, rather than to drill a new hole through the floor.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Thanks for the fast response! Im going to do a full recon mission in the camper tomorrow so I will look for those existing holes. Hopefully something will jump out at Home Depot for the conduit. I do like Jenn's approach though by keeping most of the wiring inside.