Options

Hello from Central Alberta, Canada

RousTABoutRousTABout Member Posts: 3

Greetings from central Alberta - between Calgary and Edmonton on the QEII - where spring has finally arrived and everyone is anxious to hit the road after a very looonng winter!
I just picked up my 2015 silver/black Q floorplan with Quickst@rt features on Friday. Checking out this great forum helped a lot in knowing some important questions to ask and deciding between the Q and Maax S.

My Roust@bout will go where it’s towed to by a black 2013 Volvo XC60 and sometimes a silver Ford F150. You'd never know it's even behind the half ton. The hitch/software/brake module for my Volvo is pricey but should assist with anti-sway and good braking.

The new windows, blinds, door screen and stay-open cabinets are great. Because of the sale and free shipping I've ordered the cover and matching screen. Will share some photos soon.

I hope to hit the road with my 6'+ husband and/or teenage daughter and/or 2 year-old granddaughter who has been doing a great job of breaking in "gramma's little house." Had someone pop their head in only a few hours after we parked it on a residential street in Calgary.

/Lenore

Roust@bout is inspired by the lyrics to a1964 Elvis Presley song
"I'm a Roustabout"
I'm just a roustabout
Shifted from town to town
No job can hold me down, I'm just a knock-around guy
There's a lot of space beneath that sky
Till I find my place there's no doubt
I'll be a roving roustabout

Call me the carefree kind
I wander with the breeze
My mind and heart's at ease
Doing what pleases me best
Got to keep-a moving east or west
Till I find my place there's no doubt
I'll be a roving roustabout 

ETC>

Lenore's Roust@bout  - 2015 Silver/Black Q + Volvo XC60 - Alberta, Canada

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Welcome to the forum Lenore and it sounds like you have definitely caught the virus!   You are in a most beautiful part of the planet and at the doorstep to the Rocky Mountains and places like Banff, lake Louise, etc., places I have always dreamed about and that are on my bucket list.  I've been very close as I love Glacier NP and have been up that way a few times.  We look forward to your photos and thanks for sharing your trailer name and how you arrived at the name as that was interesting.  

Enjoy your new T@B and do poist up photos when you get a chance!

Happy Trails!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    RousTABoutRousTABout Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2016
    Finally got my tow hitch and electric brake monitor installed in my TV and completed my maiden voyage July 1 - Canada Day - with Roust@bout into town and back - all of 16 KM! practiced hooking up to my Volvo TV, backing up and setting up. Pulls great, however it was a nice day with no wind. Had a brief issue with my electric monitor - somehow it was installed backwards, so when I was fine tuning I was actually going more aggressive with braking when I thought I was doing the opposite. Smelled a wee bit hot when I got home ;)
    Stopped to pick up something cold to celebrate. A woman said, "my husband and I are wondering what you even have in there!" She was surprised when I answered "everything but a shower, and the bed is bigger than what we sleep on at home!" 

Even though my husband has been great at walking me through everything and making a checklist, I booked a 4-hour RV driving course through the AMA. I decided to get the RV membership just in case something happens on the road and I need a tow. The course was discounted with membership and you can bring someone along so my 16 year old daughter can learn the ins and outs of RVing early. I will tow Roust@bout to the course and get the training on my own RV. Also added on some hail insurance.

So much fun getting ready to go - I have to finish up a research project due the end of July first. Found some classy plastic champagne glasses and have a champagne bottle in the fridge already to celebrate. I booked a campsite in Kimberley, BC in August. Playing it safe with a larger pull through with power and water because it's only for 2 nights. Because I don't have the larger 3-way fridge, I bought a larger Igloo cooler that supposedly keeps ice for 7 days. Will post on the results of that once I've tested it out. My awning and cover were to have shipped June 19 and no sign of them yet, but will post another photo when they arrive. Hopefully my solar lights will attach to the awning room. Just noticed a bit of delamination today around my exterior door light. sent in photos to my dealer - keeping my fingers crossed it's not bad news.

A big THANK YOU to EVERYONE who posts in this forum - it has been such a wealth of trusted information! My son thinks I should haul along a solar panel & extra battery which I already had, so figuring out how to hook up the battery charge controller is our next challenge and I'll be checking here for tips!
    Lenore's Roust@bout  - 2015 Silver/Black Q + Volvo XC60 - Alberta, Canada
  • Options
    clkellerclkeller Member Posts: 46
    I live in Calgary and Iam a proud t@b owner Email me anytime