Options

High Altitude Kit for Dometic three-way refrigerator 2016 Outback MaxS

I like in Missoula, MT, 3,500 ft. My new Tab came with instructions for the high-altitude kit for the propane side of the three-way refrigerator (needed at altitudes above 4,000 feet). I asked the dealer's service representative whether the Tab came with the high-altitude propane kit installed. He had no idea, having never heard of such a thing. Presumably, the dealer knows what the dealer ordered or Little Guy knows what was installed on a certain Tab based on the serial number. Does anyone know whether there's an easier way to figure out whether the high-altitude kit has been installed?

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Did you get a Dometic? It's usually a Norcold and yes, LG does include the high-altitude kit on those from everything I've gathered here in the forums.
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    I agree with PXL...and heard from LG last year that T@Bs after 2014 came with high altitude kits (notably the second vent on the front).  We live at 7,000 ft.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    BertBert Member Posts: 87
    Norcold it is. Happy to see two vents on the front of my Outback.  Great that this is installed standard. Hard to understand why the dealer's service tech had never heard of such a kit, but they sell lots of standard trailers and RVs, far fewer Tabs. Thanks!!
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited October 2015
    If it hadn't been for this forum, I wouldn't have known of - or that there was a need for - the high altitude kit so not really surprised the dealer didn't - bet mine wouldn't know.
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Yup, my 2014 has the two exterior vents, a/k/a high altitude kit.  I live in Denver, Colorado.
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Not to pick on LG, but many RV sales people have little detailed knowledge of what they're selling.  When we bought ours in early 2014, it was the first time the salesman had ever seen a T@B...just the nature of the biz. Couple that with the fact that for many T@B buyers it's their first RV, it makes us/me even more appreciative of this forum and the good folks that manage it.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...