Options

First Timer in Texas

moniraqmoniraq Member Posts: 46
Hello from Texas! I'm planning on buying a T@B within the month and I'm very excited! I'm a long time hiker, car-camper, and backpacker but about a month ago, I went on a backpacking trip that exacerbated an ankle injury. At that point I decided that maybe it was time to give up backpacking. I've thought about buying a trailer for a while now and noticed the T@B many years ago when they first came out but didn't have the funds back then. I'm looking forward to my purchase and to learning more about travel trailers in general. Thanks in advance for all the help y'all are going to give me! ;)
Monica (aka GlobeDiva)
2014 T@b Max "Q"
TV: 2015.5 Volvo XC60 T5

Comments

• Options
    stanmstanm Member Posts: 49
    Welcome!

Stan & Kitty - Seattle - 2014 T@B Q, Silver & Orange, 2013 Outback
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    Right on... good for you, and welcome!
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    Thank y'all!
    Monica (aka GlobeDiva)
    2014 T@b Max "Q"
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Welcome to the forum!  What part of Texas are you from?   I was out there in April and spent some time in some of the state parks (Palmetto, South Lano, etc.) and went back down to Big Bend NP and Big Bend state park along the Rio Grande up to Presidio, up tthrough Marfa, spent a night in Davis Mountains and on up to the Guadalupe Mountains.   You folks have some great camping areas and no doubt it does get hot and makes it more difficult, but with A/C you can cut down the heat and still enjoy it if you seek out some higher elevations, etc....  I'll be back!  

Good luck and post up some trailer shots when you get your trailer!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for the welcome. I live in San Antonio. I love our state parks here. Palmetto is a great, little park. I'm looking forward to doing a lot of camping at the state parks as soon as I get my trailer. I put my money down on it last weekend and this week will be getting my trailer hitch installed. Next Saturday, I'll pick the trailer up. I'm very excited! Pictures will surely be forthcoming!
    Monica (aka GlobeDiva)
    2014 T@b Max "Q"