Options

Scuffed Flooring When New--Carpeting on Top of Flooring?

BertBert Member Posts: 87
edited October 2015 in Modifications & Upgrades
Our next our new 2016 Tab Outback Max S had a scuff in the flooring in front of the stovetop/sink. When we spoke to Donny at Little Guy, he said that the flooring gets installed before everything else and can get damaged during manufacture. We don't want to have the flooring cut out and a new piece installed because we like the idea of having an intact seal between the underside of the camper and the inside. We're considering cutting out a couple of pieces of carpeting that we can install, one piece fitting from the outside door to the shower door and the other from the stovetop/sink counter to the bed. We are planning to cut out areas of carpet where the wood on the benches and the bed is cut out at the floor for air circulation (Alde feature I'm assuming). We don't plan on gluing the carpet to the floor, assuming it will stay in place. We're hoping that the dealer and Little Guy will arrange for us to be given a credit at Little Guy's Tab store to compensate us for the damage to our new trailer. Anything else we should be considering?

Attached Image

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Damage could have been done at dealer, too.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    TweedrvrTweedrvr Member Posts: 122
    I purchased a remnant from the local Carpet Warehouse and gave them the dimensions of the floor in my T@b and they cut and bound it.  Came out beautiful.  I can take it out and give it a good shake and sweep the flooring and reset it easily.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I bought a "carpet runner" from Walmart that goes from the door almost to the shower. I found the floor gets a lot of dirt tracked in and the floor is slippery when wet as you step inside. So, my floor is always covered in front of the fridge so this scratch may not matter as you start doing some serious camping and need a rug inside your door. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I bought a big piece of heavy, tight knap carpet at Walmart and cut it to shape so it's one piece and can't shift around. I'm in/out so much in all kinds of dirt/sand/stuff that I didn't want to scratch the floor. I buy a new piece every 4-5 months and lay' in.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I'd put a colorful area rug down and ask for compensation. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    edited October 2015
    IKEA microfiber Toftbo mat fits that area pretty well and absobs shower water and magnets grit. We shake it out during camping and throw it in the washer after. Comes in several colors.

http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/20163963/
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    You can place a carpet over the factory flooring without a problem, though I would make it removable for easy cleaning.

I actually installed laminate flooring over the factory floor, and it came out great.  I just through a bath rug over it for some cushioning.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I cut two pieces of indoor/outdoor carpet. One runs from the back wall to the front bench, the other runs from the cool cat to the door, they overlap at the intersection, both can be pulled out to shake out and/or vacuum.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL