Options

Getting her ready

Countdown says 35 more days until I leave for some sunshine and warmth. 

The local friendly utility trailer company repacked and greased my wheel bearings, along with adjusting my brakes this morning. They told me to be sure to use DOT 5 brake fluid for the surge brakes. And I showed off my Hoosier T@B to all of them. I'll see them when I get back in the spring. 

I'll have the diamond plate tub modified the week after Thanksgiving so my two 6-volt golf cart batteries will fit, along with my propane tank.
The welder will even drill a hole for my extra Zamp plug that I use for my ARB when I stop for the night.

PXLated's suggestion for the levels with the "ticks" on it have arrived so I get to figure out where to install them. I'm leaning on an inside location so I don't have to worry about losing them.

I need to get my Lagun (how do you pronounce that Swedish name? La-gun or Lag-un?) table top glued up and cut to size, a lot of sanding and wipe- on poly and mount it in the T@B when I get it. 

I've come up with a unique way to allow heat to rise through openings in the shelf at the rear of the T@B without having just a straight line....art sounds good to me ;-). This includes an easier way to get to the glycol reservoir.  Patience......

And, for some reason I keep putting off installing my internal surge suppressor....I don't know why....I'll get round-to-it and the inverter, too. 

I'm sure I've forgotten something, but right now, while it's above freezing, I'm going to wash and wash the Hoosier T@B so she shines!

Verna, Columbus, IN
2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    35-34-33-32-31...You'll be on the road before you know it :-)
  • Options
    NormfunNormfun Member Posts: 285
    That's great Verna!  We are still counting down in months, but we get out for long weekends every month.  10 months 11 days, but who's counting  B)
    Norm & Pat. 320 S Outback Utah or somewhere else.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I've gotten in about 6 weeks or so in the T@B, Norm, but I'm really looking forward to this trip. Hopefully we can meet up this winter since both of us will have heat this winter! And I do not have tire chains, and don't want them, either!  (I don't think think they're required on 4x4's, but I could be wrong.)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”