Options

U MAX vs. MAX S resale.

So I have a U-Max on order. I like the extra space the U has since there is no batroom. I also don't want to mess with black water. Im having second thoughts about not ordering the S model. I'm afraid it might be hard to sell the trailer someday without a bathroom. Looking for your thoughts on resale. 

Comments

• Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    I am of the belief that a purchase like this should be based on what you want out of your camping experience and not what's going to happen when you decide to sell it.   Though we have an S M@x and love it, if you think the U will be what you want, go for it and don't second guess your decision.
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I definetly chose the Max-S because of the bathroom. After reading the forum and listening to the women in my life, having a bathroom to avoid a middle of the night dark walk to a campground biffy was a big selling point. Almost every woman I give a tour to comments on the bathroom.
    I don't plan on selling mine unless I update at some point. I feel that if I do, the bathroom will be a major selling point.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    But, I also agree with TABalong to a certain degree.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited November 2015
    Get what you want. But, I was perfectly satisfied with my Silver Shadow teardrop, until I wintered in Arizona last winter without an inside bathroom. That is why I upgraded to a T@B S M@X.  

I also thought I wanted a T@B CS-S, until I found out there was just a two-way fridge, while the S model has a three-way fridge. The three way is much better for me while camping without electricity. 

This means that there are many reasons to choose which model you like. You know how you camp, so you know which model fits your style. There is a great market for used T@Bs, so get what you want. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    I love my T@B S Maxx and wouldn't trade it for one without the bathroom.  It's one of those things that you REALLY are glad you have when you NEED it.  To heck about resale value.
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    Completely agree that everyone should ultimately  buy what works best for their own needs. But since you are taking the time to think things through, you may also want to consider that one can have something onboard and repurpose it: wet bath on S model can become a closet by adding a few hooks and/ or a tension rod. If one doasn't use the toilet, there will be no need to handle the black water tank. 
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Machak88 idea seem to be able to incorporate the "best of both worlds" and the wet bath toilet is there for an emergency. We love our Max S but there are 2 of us and obviously one is a woman...?yes dear" played a large part in our decision but I do use both all the time. John
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    2canoe2canoe Member Posts: 74
    We liked the open feel of the Q, larger counter space, and more under the cabnit storage.  Also, we could get that model off the lot.  the porta potty that came with the trailer did not fit under the sink because of the new pipes for the larger water tank.  For overnight use we have his and her urinals.  We come from a backpacking and canoe touring background so not have the bath isn't a big adjustment for us.  I'm sure you will love it.  And like I told my husband it isn't like getting a dog or having another kid.  We don't have to be responsible forever.  We can always change our minds--but we love it so much that will probably be a long time in the future.
    2canoe, 2015 T@B Q-Max
  • Options
    rrkullarrkulla Member Posts: 8
    I've got the max L. Love the extra storage. Have slats so no table and the porta potty slides right underneath. Resale is always in the eye of the beholder. 
    Rick, Milwaukee WI.
    2015 Outback L max, Jeep Diesel TV