Options

Aloha, Wife and I are retiring next summer and thinking of getting a new T@b and tour the mainland. I'm just shy of 6' and wife is 5'4". We're interested in a CS-S but we don't have any T@bs to compare here in Hawaii.  Our main concern is we might be to cramped in the CS-S model or would a T@b S be a better option. We really like the outside cooking area. Anyone about 6' have CS-S experience and thoughts on the subject?

Comments

• Options
    lara9209lara9209 Member Posts: 45
    We took delivery of our Max S yesterday, so have not camped in it. john is 6' and I am 5'8". He cannot stand up with his neck straight inside. As he is the chef in the family, debated an inside or outside kitchen. In the end, decided on the Max instead (inside kitchen) as we were concerned the outside kitchen made it too difficult to sleep and sit at the table.  The CS-S only has side benches and they aren't very deep ... We felt with our height, they would not be comfortable if we were stuck inside on a rainy night (live in PNW).  We figured having a small Coleman stove we needed to use outside 30 minutes a day was preferable to sleeping and sitting challenges posed by the CS-S.   
    John & Lisa, 2016 M@x S, Silver/Yellow, Hood Canal, WA, TV = 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
  • Options
    Nerdy1Nerdy1 Member Posts: 60
    My husband is also just shy of 6', and we tried out the CS-S, and the bed was a big problem for him.  The only way he could sleep on it was diagonally (with me in the corner).  Because of that, we went with an Outback S (though a Q would have worked just as well).  
    T@BOO - 2016 Outback Max S in New Mexico towed by 2016 Toyota Highlander (soon)
  • Options
    kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    edited December 2015
    I'm 5'11" and use a stool when using the kitchen in our S Max. We also have a Coleman for outdoor cooking.
    2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY