Options

Grey/Black tank dumping ...

I went to view an Outback S at dealer yesterday and was told that tanks all dump from a  single valve, but when I peered underneath it looked like 2 separate valves, requiring 2 separate hook ups of the waste hose? I can't seem to find info on the website, can someone please clarify for me the exact procedure for grey and black dumping.  (My only other experience with this type of thing is the grey water coming through the same connection after the black water, facilitating a bit of a "rinse" of the system as it emptied.)

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Yep, two valves - The general proceedure is to dump the black, switch valves and dump the gray which will then rinse out the dump hose to a certain degree. Pretty simple procedure.
    Since there is usually fresh water at dump sites, I usually run 2-3 gallons of fresh down the sink for a better rinse and then top off the freshwater tank.
  • Options
    flamelilyflamelily Member Posts: 6
    Thank you both for clarification and yay Jen for in-depth blog info :)
    I guess the rv I rented was "dummy" proof - just one valve with 2 lever pulls so nice and easy to only connect hose once for both tanks.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    On a small camper like the T@B it's hard to tie them together - has been done though. They sit low and there just isn't a lot of space to arrange the tanks right next to each other. Bigger rigs sit high, lots of room under them for plumbing.