Options

Command Strips on T@B Wallpaper?

CodeJunkieCodeJunkie Member Posts: 50
edited October 2014 in Tips & Tricks
Several of you have commented on how great the Command Hooks and strips are to use inside your T@B's. The instructions say "not to use on wallpaper". Since the interior seems to be a vinyl-type of wallpaper, is it OK to use these on the walls, or should I confine use strictly to the wood or other surfaces? I am so leary of doing anything that might hurt my T@B. One worried momma!
Debbie

2014 T@B S M@xx with wetbath, aka PopT@B, silver with black trim, TV 2002 Chevy Avalanche

"Take only pictures, leave only footprints."

Comments

• Options
    IACamperIACamper Member Posts: 109
    I had a couple by the door that we were using for jackets. The Command strips did not fail, but began pulling the wall covering away from the backer board. It didn't leave a noticeable mark when I removed the hooks, though I wonder if eventually it would have torn off little pieces.
    Kristi Des Moines, IA 2008 T@B L
  • Options
    Thanks for the response, Kristi.  That's the kind of think I was afraid might happen using them on the wall covering.  :-SS
    Debbie

2014 T@B S M@xx with wetbath, aka PopT@B, silver with black trim, TV 2002 Chevy Avalanche

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

Gosh, I haven't had any ill effects from them.  IACamper, I see you have a 2008 T@B.  Maybe the wall covering they are using in the newer models is a different material. 

I had one that I didn't get placed right where I wanted it, and I peeled it off the wall board with my fingers and NO wall covering came off. 

:-S
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    It could certainly be that the wall covering LG uses is different, or it could be that mine is not adhered quite as well as when it was new. It's some sort of vinyl, I think.
  • Options
    jbug10jbug10 Member Posts: 156
    I use them to hang a few pictures, but they are not very heavy.  That's probably the key.  This is a pic of the heaviest thing I hang, about a pound. No problems yet.
    June; 2013 T@b "Fant@bulous"; 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee; one kayak and one bike
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    I use them in my 2007, but not for heavy items.  They've been in place for 5 years with no issues.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    I think a sweatshirt and raincoat put too much weight on the ones I had that pulled away. I have others that have held OK.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the feedback.  I think T@B will be safe if I stick to lightweight objects to hang.  Last night I drilled the first of several holes into her and hung a paper towel rack, 2 spice racks, and a wire basket inside the plumbing compartment in the wetbath to hold extra TP, shampoo, etc.  Still have the curtains to hang and some sort of container under the wetbath sink.  So many little hidden storage spaces seem to be under-used and I can certainly use the extra space.  Pictures to come later.  :bz
    Debbie

• Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Debbie - would be interested in details on your drilling to hang items. What type of drill bit and anchors did you use. I'm all about finding storage solutions in "under used" areas --- will look forward to pics and details when you have time!
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!