Options

Playing a video on the Jensen

2»

Comments

• Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    This is good to know before I go that route. Thanks!
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    elmeaux said:
    I was hoping to put movies on a flash drive but according to the Jensen manuals that came with my T@B, only music and photos are supported via the usb port. So I think the answer is no; haven't tested that though.
    I played a movie that was on a flash drive. I think it was in a .mp4 format. This is not one of my
    most knowledgeable subjects. I'm repeating what I was told 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    The mp4 format is a standard format. The ones one may have trouble with are the ones that have DRM (digital rights management) - anti piracy protection applied.
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Think I'll test it out using a .mp4 format (my neighbor burns a lot of DVDs). Thanks.
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    elmeauxelmeaux Member Posts: 44
    That's great to hear, Verna! The manual only mentions working with mp3s and photo formats, but I was hoping it might work anyway. Hopefully I'll have my T@B back soon so I can try it. 

2016 M@x S Sofitel - The T@bahoula
  • Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    Larry - how many movies (approximately) can be stored on the Android stick? Are they better than the typical jump drive? And lastly what does one need to convert their dvd's to play on the stick? Since I'll be full-time, I'd love to do something like this instead of packing DVD's. Michele
    The Android stick can hold a microSD card like the ones in cell phones or you can actually put them on a USB/Jump drive and read them from there. The amount of DVDs that can be stored depends on the size of the SD card or USB drive.

I use a freeware program called Handbrake https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Does someone know the make and model number of the TV sets that are currently being shipped with T@Bs?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    Hi Gang,
    We have used HandBrake extensively to back up our personal video library. To play the file on the Jensen, convert it to a .mpg format. (The .mp4 files will not play - different machines will play different formats. To be sure put a couple different file formats on your stick and try each on your system.) Note that almost all the new DVDs (in the last six months or so) have an anti-copy technology that last we knew, HandBrake cannot overcome. You can identify these by an icon on the back cover. But you certainly can convert your library of older DVDs. Have fun!
    Steve & Karen 

Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400