Options

Condensation inside Clamshell Hatch

MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
I discovered something this last trip that I don't think I've seen before. We were in the Florida Panhandle camping this weekend and it got chilly, but not brutal cold. We were running the CoolCat on heat mode pretty much all weekend.

When I would open the clamshell hatch, I noticed some condensation "bands" around the edges and horizontally where I'm guessing the "spars" are at on the inside of the hatch.

I've had my T@B for 8+ years now and have camped in cold temps before, but don't think I've ever noticed this before.

The only difference is this time I had my CPAP with humidifier in the passthrough cabinet with the hose coming into the inside and the power cord through into the kitchen to plug it in, so both the inside and outside cabinet doors were slightly ajar.

Could that have caused the condensation on the kitchen hatch?

I did have a window in the vented position in the camper, and it was dry as a bone in there, no condensation.

Any thoughts, experiences on this?
Carol
MOUSE-KE-T@B
2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
Harvest, AL

Comments

• Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    Carol,
    We've experienced condensation on the inside of the kitchen hatch in those same locations as you noted. Although a CPAP was not involved in our instances, it probably contributed in your case. 
    Steve & Karen 
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400