Options

Florida to Ontario, Canada

BrookyBrooky Member Posts: 33
This is our first long distance road trip in our T@b, coming up the end of June 2016. All our trips with her so far have been within 200 miles of our house. Our plan right now is to take 75 all the way to Port Huron, MI. and cross the border there. Looking for some input on nice campgrounds, realistic travel distance in a day, and thoughts about drafting behind larger vehicles. Tow vehicle is a 2013 Dodge Journey 3.6 Liter engine.

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    When I'm doing a big transition, I limit myself to around eight hours or so, mainly because I want to get into a campground with plenty of light to get set up - Have watched so many people struggle in the dark - never looks like fun.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Is your goal to get straight to Florida or do you want to take your time? Or, is it a little of both?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    300 to 350 miles per day is the maximum that I want to drive anymore.  Actually, I'm happy with 200 to 250.  I made a fast run home from Arizona to Indiana last March and I'm not doing that in 5 days again.  It was hard and I just wasn't happy.  I'll go another way that may not be less miles, but it's easier to drive.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    BrookyBrooky Member Posts: 33
    We are going from Florida to Canada. Have a grandson graduating, but have 13 grandkids in all. We travel around the country, but always try to spend time with them each year. Going up, we'll just stop over night and head out again in the morning. When we head back home we'll take our time. So many great places to see in the USA, that's why we have a T@b.