Options

T@B Max Customization question

This discussion was created from comments split from: New Forum Moderator On-Board!.
Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ

Comments

• Options
    jgirlpajgirlpa Member Posts: 9
    I apologize if I'm not posting this in the correct place (I am a new member).  We are in the process of negotiating on a T@B S MAX silver with blue trim from 2 dealers that have their orders in with Little Guy.  One is coming in two weeks and was not able to make a change on the interior color for us.  The other is getting one in June, which suits us better, and will order it with grey interior (like you typically see in the Outback) for us.  My question is, should we expect to have to pay more for this customization?  Thanks so much...we are very excited about joining you all!!

Janet 2016 Hyudai Santa Fe with 2016 T@B S Max
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited February 2016
    I think the pricing is determined more by supply and demand.

I'm pretty sure that the dealer sets the final price, and that the factory simply charges what the various 'custom' additions (or subtractions) come to. ie: the factory can easily build it to your spec, as long as it's within their 'option list'.

When we got ours, we called the factory to ask what dealer in the northeast would have the Tab with the options that we were looking for. They directed us to one that would be at a dealer (6 hours away) in the next two weeks. The only option lacking, that we had wanted, was the upholstery pattern/color. So we did compromise, but love it anyway. Also, we paid 'suggested retail price', and the dealer made it clear that he doesn't dicker.

It seems a Tab will be priced higher in the areas where the market will support it, and west of Rockies tends to be higher, maybe because of delivery costs.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Chan is correct above....  You can order within the color options listed on the order sheet and the dealer should know exactly what your unit is going to be priced at and be able to tell you the cost up front.  And as noted, delivery of units further out into the western US are typically priced higher because of the transport costs to get them out to the west coast.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Restless_NativeRestless_Native Member Posts: 116
    There was just a discussion on the Facebook forum on this. According to Scott Hubel with Little Guy, you can send them 10 yards do the fabric of your choice and they will cover your cushions with that instead of the factory stuff. 
    Amanda, Ft. Myers, FL Ag@tha 2017 T@B CS-S  , TV: 2013 Chevy Equinoz LTZ