Options

Toiletry holders for the bathroom.

2»

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    After talking to the Factory and what is posted here I would be a bit concerned that over time and  several mumps the screws may loosen and the mirror fall and smash. I love the idea of it on the side wall; perhaps some type of glue along with the screws would ensure it's permanabilty on the sidewall? John
    This is what I would recommend. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options

OutbackAZ said:
    Verna - isn't the composite material attached to an aluminum wall frame?  If so, then maybe one could locate the vertical frame members and screw into them.  Not sure if anyone makes an aluminum "stud finder."
    Frank, the aluminum is mostly in the ceiling. Looking at the photo, there are only supports around the door and windows in the side walls.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    tabhappytabhappy Member Posts: 40
    John, I reused the sticky puddy that was already behind the mirror. It was staying in place without the screws. 
       Dena & Jim  Plano, Texas
    Became Tabbers Oct. 24, 2015

• Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Thanks Deana & Jim. Perhaps I will ask Ed K what that material is and make sure I have some on hand. John
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    Here is a cross section of the wall, from when Austin installed an outside outlet for me at Tearstock:
    The outside fiberglass material is on the left, glued to thin 1/8" plywood (will be changed to non-wood on later models), the high density foam, and the inside composite material.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    Thanks for the photo Verna.  Looks like plenty of insulation for an RV.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I've pondered this subject for a while now as I believe that there is potential here and am wondering if a small cargo net with pockets wouldn't work well if secured to the wall that the shower hose is attached to?  Possibly modify the net below that is available on Amazon as something like this would capture toiletry items, shampoo, etc.  

Juntu Cargo Storage Net for Mercedes Benz GL350 GL450 GL550 Envelope Style Cargo Net With Six Small Pocket for Mercedes Benz GL350 GL450 GL550
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358

I just need soap and shampoo, so these holders worked out great (from Amazon).  Comes with double sided tape that seems to hold up well.

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I've pondered this subject for a while now as I believe that there is potential here and am wondering if a small cargo net with pockets wouldn't work well if secured to the wall that the shower hose is attached to?  Possibly modify the net below that is available on Amazon as something like this would capture toiletry items, shampoo, etc.  

Juntu Cargo Storage Net for Mercedes Benz GL350 GL450 GL550 Envelope Style Cargo Net With Six Small Pocket for Mercedes Benz GL350 GL450 GL550
    Mike, I had the same idea. I picked up a couple of these last year and never got around to figuring out where to stick them. Similar, but I think a little smaller.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    I have a two-pocket hanging mesh holder with a hook for my shampoo and soap. It came from my Lands End zippered toiletry kit. I hook it over the cold water faucet abd it stays there, even during travel. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    tabhappy said:
    ...Just pucker up and go for it!...        
    I love this attitude.  So many seem hesitant to alter their T@B because they are afraid they'll mess it up.  If you want to do an alteration that will make it more fun or easier to use or more convenient, "just pucker up and go for it!" :)

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    People may want to think of using the back wall as there is wood on it and may hold better. Wish we could get a good picture of the structure and supports locations for the wall that has the mirror on it . I would love to put a hand hold on that wall as I have 2 very bad knees and would love the extra help in standing up.
    We did add a 14" hand hold on the entrance to the shower as there is a 2x3 there and it works great. We also added a swing handle for the outside of the door.
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    What about using Sugru to mount the shelves?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    tabhappytabhappy Member Posts: 40
    You'll always wonder if it will fall. 
       Dena & Jim  Plano, Texas
    Became Tabbers Oct. 24, 2015