Options

Tires

So I want to replace the tires on my 2006 T@B clamshell and I started by taking a look at the spare I've got.  It was somewhat difficult to get it off as the bolts were rusted up a bit, but when I did I noticed that the spare doesn't seem to match the tires on the T@B.  The spare reads 195/60R15 and looks like this:

The current tire reads 205/55R16

and looks like this:

Is this a problem and which should I get to replace.  I do notice that there is very little room between my current tire and edge of the T@B.  Is it possible I've got the wrong tires on currently?  Any thoughts are appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    There's another tire thread that was going earlier in the week, you might search for that for some info.
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    The tires are correct. The spare is just smaller. If you still have the original Mystic Merits on your T@B, then you should MOST DEFINITELY replace them. Replace those tires every 4 years. You can use car tires on the Dutchmen T@Bs. Less than $200 to replace. Cheap insurance!
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    capewoodscapewoods Member Posts: 36
    The following was posted earlier "Michelin LTX MS series reigns supreme in online reviews, and for ST tires, Maxxis tires are highly rated."  Are either of these options for the 2006 T@B?
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    You just need to see if they are available in the 205/55R16s. We have been using Kelly tires on ours. They have done well. With our 4 year replacement schedule, they still look new when we pull them.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL