Options

Oops, there it goes! Rogue fuse in the converter

2»

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited March 2016
    I would try a straw with a piece of chewing gum stuck inside the straw.  Or even some sticky tape or similar material.  Multiple straws, string through them for leverage, scotch tape applied to straw and flipped backwards with sticky side out.  
    These are available at Home Depot.  

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    Day 13 of the Rogue Fuse adventure!  :)
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I know this might sound rather sinister (but it's really not) but I always get these road runner/coyote visions when some of these types of things arise.  

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,394
    edited March 2016
    Mike is closer than he realizes. Remember how I said I would try tweezers? Well, I did...and then I dropped the tweezers inside.

However, we have a happy ending, ladies and gents. I took the entire face off, which included the part that covered the fan and wah-la! Tweezers and rogue fuse successfully captured.

I did however, notice that one of the fuse holders seemed a wee bit loose. I solved it by replacing the fuse in that slot with one that had ever so slightly fatter blades. How do you solve a loose fuse holder?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    That's too funny Jenn - Glad you finally got it though.
  • Options
    OzT@bOzT@b Member Posts: 39
    Jenn, it's good to hear that you were able to retrieve the fuse & tweezers.  It's almost a shame though, that it wasn't using one of the ingenious methods suggested here.  I always love to see how creative you all can be.
  • Options
    ChanW said:
    Cool. I'll be interested to know what you see inside that space. ie: is it actually the inside of the converter, or is there a protective case on there... (you see, I dropped a fuse in there too - and it's still in there)  :s
    @ChanWit is much easier to take the front cover off, completely.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Chan - Once the cover is completely off, you're looking at all the raw wiring.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Shoot! I wanted to get one of those cool cameras too!  ;)

jkjenn said:
    ChanW said:
    Cool. I'll be interested to know what you see inside that space. ie: is it actually the inside of the converter, or is there a protective case on there... (you see, I dropped a fuse in there too - and it's still in there)  :s

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    ChanW said:
    Shoot! I wanted to get one of those cool cameras too!  ;)

jkjenn said:
    ChanW said:

The camera is pretty sweet, lol. I will be using it when I fish wire next time. It has a light on the end.