Options

Connecting power for the TV unit

CCPICCCCPICC Member Posts: 43
I had to upgrade my old all in one TV/DVD to a digital TV/DVD and now I am not directly wired into the power board and I have to use a plug in adapter to work the unit. My question is does antone know how to directly wire in my TV.

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    CCPICC said:
    I had to upgrade my old all in one TV/DVD to a digital TV/DVD and now I am not directly wired into the power board and I have to use a plug in adapter to work the unit. My question is does antone know how to directly wire in my TV.
    Are you saying that you went from a 12v DC unit to a 120v AC unit? If so, you will have to convert it from AC to DC, somewhere and an adapter might be the most simple route. If it is a 12v DC unit, then you might want to contact the manufacturer to see if they have a power plug you can use. Photos would us understand better, though.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Agree with Jenn.  We added a tv booster to ours and works great. I think you can get access behind the tv area to go straight down to the area under the "driver side seat" where there is 120v AC 
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    tabuloustabulous Member Posts: 13
    My flat screen TV has a power brick (supply) has a 110v input and a 5v output.  Would it be possible to convert to 12v?
    2008 T@B Dutchman, 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe, Grand Junction, CO.
    "We Are T@Bulous!"

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    edited March 2016
    My original 7" COBY TV/DVD was wired into the 12V system and when I replaced it with a digital 10" COBY TV/DVD, I decided to forgo the 12V system and run it on regular electric. I put a power strip in the closet and ran a heavy duty extension cord along the floor from the outlet on the bench, drilled a hole in the cabinet, and into the closet.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL