Options

PVC pipe in battery box

Does anyone know the purpose ov the 4" PVC tube mounted vertically in the front of my battery/propane box? Is it there to store something?

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited June 2014
    It's to store your sewer connection hoses.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RickdesignRickdesign Member Posts: 6
    "Slaps self on forehead" cool. Only one fairly short hose, I guess
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    edited June 2014
    Hi, Rickdesign -- I can fit a 15-ft. hose like this (pic attached).  Bungee is secured to the internal steel frame of the tongue box.  I removed one end of the hose and stored the fittings inside T@B.  :>

Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    RickdesignRickdesign Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2014
    Wanderoo... Didn't get the picture
  • Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    Has anyone gotten a hose carrier attached underneath the trailer somewhere. Is there a really good place to put one? A hose carrier is just a longer PVC pipe you can have attached to the frame underneath some trailers. I haven't read about anyone having one on a T@B and wonder if it just doesn't fit on them well. The carrier is a really easy way to store longer hoses and stuff and open up space in the front carrier for other stuff. 
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    Carol Kelley attached one to her Dutchmen CS.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    I am going to have to do some measuring when my T@Baby comes home to see if the new T@B frames will take one. I dont' want to make the clearance any lower than it already is. 
    Thanks,
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    I attached an EZ Hose Carrier to the trailer frame. It is just a pvc tube with an end cap. We store the ends of the hose in the T@B in a watertight bag. We have often needed extra length hose, so we bought more hose and a connector. Our battery housing did not come with a pvc holder or a metal reinforcement inside the unit. I guess it is easy enough to install one. 
    We store all the extra hose and stuff in a bucket inside the wet/bath when we travel. 
    We recently had a camp site at a state park in New Mexico where the sewer was on the opposite side from water and electric. It took every inch of hose to get connected. 
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    CodeJunkieCodeJunkie Member Posts: 50

PopT@B has the 4" PVC in the front carrier, but the hose connectors were too large to fit inside the tubing and I didn't want to always need to take them off to store the hose.  My solution was to install a heavy wire mesh to the underside of the front carrier so that nothing can "fall" through.  I carry two 10' lengths of sewer hose, with the connectors left on, in there along with the propane tank and battery.

Happy camping!

Debbie

2014 T@B S M@xx with wetbath, aka PopT@B, silver with black trim, TV 2002 Chevy Avalanche

"Take only pictures, leave only footprints."
  • Options
    AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Member Posts: 451

PopT@B has the 4" PVC in the front carrier, but the hose connectors were too large to fit inside the tubing and I didn't want to always need to take them off to store the hose.  My solution was to install a heavy wire mesh to the underside of the front carrier so that nothing can "fall" through.  I carry two 10' lengths of sewer hose, with the connectors left on, in there along with the propane tank and battery.

Happy camping!

@CodeJunkie What type of wire mesh and how did you install it?
    2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2015 Volvo S60 5 CYL AWD Sedan
    Seattle, WA