Options

2014 T@B Issues

This discussion was created from comments split from: New to the TAB - Frustrated.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
Sterling, VA

Comments

• Options
    KyBawpawKyBawpaw Member Posts: 183
      I'm a newbie (8 mos) that bought a slightly used 2014 Max S. The biggest challenge I've seen with T@B ownership is that T@B #1 is not T@B #2. Even if they are the same year. For me a manual for individual equipment installs would be better than an impossible to be comprehensive manual.  I don't have the much touted Alde system but instead a great working Atwood furnace. From all the Alde prob posts I've seen, I think I'm happy for that.
      Under the sink I have a two gallon hot water heater (Burke & White) that doesn't have a drain cock. I'm trying to figure out how to do some creative plumbing to get a siphon tube into it so I won't have to waste two gallons of anti-freeze in it every year. Or maybe I'm ignorant to some technique?
      I don't have cooling fan switch on my AC. Shouldn't the factory send me a free fan, a switch and installation manual if they found out it was a necessary fix? If they tend to overheat and malfunction that would qualify as a recall for some businesses. And what's up with the underside spare tire that some dealers remove to maybe avoid liability. Yeah, I did the add a spring hinge fix to keep the cabinet doors from slamming on my hands.
    After all is said and done, it's like picking on your spouse. She's still beautiful and I still LOVE her! (I wonder if my T@B has some complaints on me?? I'm sure my wife does, lol)
    "Not all those who wander are lost"- J. R. R. Tolkien 
    2014 T@B-S
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    KyBawpaw said:

Under the sink I have a two gallon hot water heater (Burke & White) that doesn't have a drain cock. I'm trying to figure out how to do some creative plumbing to get a siphon tube into it so I won't have to waste two gallons of anti-freeze in it every year. Or maybe I'm ignorant to some technique?
    You may have already done this, but did you check all the way around the water heater.  Some of them were installed backwards as I recall, and the drain plug ended up facing the back wall.  The heater would have to be turned around to allow it to be drained.  We have a Rheem in our 2012, but they should be fundamentally the same.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    KyBawpaw said:

I don't have cooling fan switch on my AC. Shouldn't the factory send me a free fan, a switch and installation manual if they found out it was a necessary fix? If they tend to overheat and malfunction that would qualify as a recall for some businesses.
    Contact the factory regarding this and they can point you in the right direction.  The A/C units set up in the boxes do offer poor air circulation, causing the units to overheat.  The fix is to install a fan to move air around the unit.  I am not sure if they are offering this as a retrofit.  The factory will send you a kit to retrofit the 3-way refrigerator vent with a fan to improve circulation around the fridge.

KyBawpaw said:
    And what's up with the underside spare tire that some dealers remove to maybe avoid liability. 
    The T@B's are shipped from the factory to the dealers with the spare tire under the rear seat, not installed.  It is supposed to be up to the dealer to install the tire.  No liability issue here.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    KyBawpawKyBawpaw Member Posts: 183
    Thanks to all for the advice. I've talked to factory before for another issue. I ordered the sliding screen door but decided it was too big a job requiring too much carpentry work, etc. They refunded me quickly and were most understanding. I'll call them about the A/C. And Cyclonic- The Reems you have looks like a great improvement over the Burke & White in mine. I've looked mine over on the back side with my cell phone camera and alas no drain. I'm working on a plan now to remedy the situation. 
    "Not all those who wander are lost"- J. R. R. Tolkien 
    2014 T@B-S