Options

Any Suggestions?

tabuloustabulous Member Posts: 13
I was out doing a look-over of my T@B and found that the trailer's tongue jack was very loose inside the mount.  I mean it literally feels like something is missing to hold it in place.  I would think that there should be a coupling or clamp of some type, but can't see it.  I will have to remove the plastic cover off to inspect further.  Has anyone else had this issue?
2008 T@B Dutchman, 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe, Grand Junction, CO.
"We Are T@Bulous!"

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Is it the handle, or the entire jack that feels loose?

If it is the entire jack, it is bolted into the frame via three bolts which should be very visible.  Check them to make sure they are tight.

For the handle, you have to remove the cover.  Inside is a simple gear set that should be well greased and tightly fitted.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    tabuloustabulous Member Posts: 13
    Thanks Cyclonic, but I did take the cover off and found that it was user error.  Yep, since I've only had the T@B since July of last year and went on only one trip, I kinda forgot that the inner clamp is all that holds the tube in place.  When I found, what I thought, was a problem, I actually had a axle jack holding the front part of the trailer up without any weight on the tongue jack itself.  That caused the appearance that the tongue jack was loose, but once I lowered the axle jack and put weight on the tongue jack, it operated normally.  Everything under the cover was in it's place and had no sign of misplaced or loose hardware.  Just and old fart not paying attention!
    2008 T@B Dutchman, 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe, Grand Junction, CO.
    "We Are T@Bulous!"