Options

Headed West

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

I am heading west this weekend. Let me know if anyone is around and wants to meet up!

July 4-5: Louisville, KY

July 7 Mt. Evans, CO

July 8-11 Moab

July 11-14 Ouray

July 14-16 Around Crested Butte

July 16-19 Around Aspen

July 19 RMNP 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Have a great trip Jenn!   I will be heading west the last week of July and will be at the Western Little Guy rally in McCall, Idaho from Aug 3-6.  Plan here is to head up through the Black Hills region and parts west before arriving in McCall.   

Safe travels and share your travel pics!   
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

Jenn -- Have a safe and wonderful trip!!!!  I'm glad everything functioned sweetly for your last weekend.  I'll be camping myself this weekend and gone the next.  Possibly I could wander up to RMNP on the 19th or 20th just to say hi.  I'll send you a PM if that looks possible.  I would love to meet you and gain knowledge about our new T@Bs.

:D
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    Jenn, looks like a great trip. Have a great time, be safe and most of all have fun. 
    We just traveled 5600 miles and to some of the spots you listed. 
    We have a dear friend in Ouray who does jeep rides. Give me a shout if you want to look him up. We loved Ouray. Went there 2 years ago but not in our T@B. 
    We particularly enjoyed Craters of the Moon in Idaho this trip. 
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone! Belva, I have a Jeep and am going to try to tackle a few trails myself! (the easier ones) Wanderoo, Let me know!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    Have a safe and very fun trip Jenn!!
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Have a great and safe trip.  Just came back from mine out west a few weeks ago, still gathering up the photos, but it is just fantastic, and the T@Bpole was great for the three weeks I spent in it.

Hope to see lots of photos!

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    That sounds like a great trip...we'll miss you by a couple weeks in Crested Butte; we're going to the annual Wildflower Festival next week (we're there 7/7-9), but I'm sure the flowers will still be great when you get get here. Where are you staying in Ouraay? When we go up we usually stay at the Ridgway State Park (I know there's a KOA in Ouray as well). Ouray is only an hour and half away over the pass...maybe we can come up and say hi and check out the W@goneer!

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options

So, here is a midway brief report. Day 3 of the trip in Louisville, KY I had a dead battery in the TV. I think it was just due to be replaced. Day 6 of the trip I broke down camp at Mt. Evans and my trailer lights weren't working. To make a long story short, it was a bad ground on the T@b. Camping World in Golden, CO spent over an hour and fixed it for free. Ed Kaufman was also very helpful via phone. Mt. Evans is not a convenient spot to have problems.

Overall, having a great trip and loving the T@b. The a/c has done pretty well, but it definitely struggles in the hot, direct Moab high temps. 

• Options
    We thought of you...driving through Ouray on our way home from a great 3 days in Crested Butte.

J.D. & Sue

• Options
    I believe that Mt Evan's is the highest road in the continental US.  I've been up there and am not sure I would be hauling a trailer up that bad boy!  Glad your trip is smoothing out and hope things go well the rest of the way.  
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    It's pretty "up there."  I've been all the way to the top just once.  I'll bet Jenn got some really great pictures, though! =D>
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    I was at Echo Lake, which is around 9000-10000‘. It is a lovely campground but the sites are very close together.

• Options
    Jenn...still on schedule for Ouray?

J.D. & Sue

• Options
    Yup

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    Jen, we just returned from CO.  We weren't camping, but staying with our daughter and son-in-law in Littleton.  We may have been around Golden at the same time.  I think we were through there on July 8.  We did see a white and grey T@B driving in RMNP as we were eating at a picnic table.  Loved the park and hope to camp there some day.  Check out this bull elk I photographed.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    JustjudyJustjudy Member Posts: 75
    Wow, great photo!
    Larry and Judy. 2015 T@B S M@xx. Silver with black trim. Bell@. Towed by a 2005 Toyota Tacoma.
  • Options
    That is an amazing rack!   Imagine carrying that headgear around full time!  Yikes!