Options

Shower will not drain

The shower will not drain in my 2016 CS-S unless I open the gray water drain. It is like there is no vent in the gray tank. Any answers? thanks Art
2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited April 2016
    If your gray water tank isn't full than it is probably a clogged or obstructed gray water vent pipe.  Try draining the gray water tank and see if that helps.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 507
    Thanks Mike but I have drained it & if I keep the drain open all is well. Do you know where the vent tube might be for the gray tank, Thanks Art
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The only bathroom vent is on the driver's side of the T@B. It is a flat, sort of shell shaped vent on the side outside the bathroom. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    In my T@B (seems to be a needed qualifier), this vent also services the sink drain. I was trying to find the fresh water tank vent and that's how I know lol.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    gulfarea said:
    Thanks Mike but I have drained it & if I keep the drain open all is well. Do you know where the vent tube might be for the gray tank, Thanks Art
    My trailer is in storage so I can't look at the vent and see what access is available.  If there would be a means of getting a good shot of air through the vent and freeing any obstruction that would be the path I would be taking.  

I sent a note on to the factory asking for their input so I will share any information that is sent my way.  

Thanks
  • Options
    Thanks Mike I will shoot some air in that outside vent. Art
  • Options
    TonydjdTonydjd Member Posts: 111
    edited April 2016
    Knowing that little scupper was in fact a vent during my upgrading process when I removed cap I decided to place screen over top of pipe to keep anything like mud dabbers from going in and clogging that vent pipe. Just my 2cents
    Tony D
    Central,Fl
    2015 T@B Max-S

• Options
    Thanks Tony. We have plenty of mud dabbers here but I spray Raid in all holes but they did not at the dealer so I will install screen also. Thanks Art
  • Options
    Art, here is the reply I received back from Ed Kauffman at the factory:

The vent is probably clogged by a wasp nest or something.  The plumbing is on the drivers sidewall right above the front handle cover should have a white hood over it with a hole out the bottom.  Have him check it out, he may have to take off the hood cover and check pipe itself.  This is the only thing that would make sense, I can't think of anything else it could be. 

Ed Kauffman
    Warranty Administrator
    Pleasant Valley Trailers
  • Options
    Thanks Mike I will check it. Art