Options

Bench storage area near Alde

AustinRoamersAustinRoamers Member Posts: 45
I carefully put a lightweight wire shelf above the wiring and plumbing in the Alde side bench area.  I feel like this underutilized space could be put to better use.  Please let us know if you have any good ideas.
Kat & Sam      Austin, TX        2018 T@B 400           "Oh, the Places You'll Go!"

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I carefully put a lightweight wire shelf above the wiring and plumbing in the Alde side bench area.  I feel like this underutilized space could be put to better use.  Please let us know if you have any good ideas.
    Sounds like a great idea. Can we see a picture? I tried a mesh net but wad unsuccessful.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    DeeDeeDeeDee Member Posts: 115
    In our T@B, the Alde is under the back bench and the heat coils under the passenger side bench protected/enclosed by a wooden box. Amazing how often the factory makes changes.
    DeeDee & The Captain
    2016 Orange MaxQ
    Henry's Fork River, Eastern Idaho

• Options
    DeeDee - sorry if my description wasn't clear.  Our Alde is also in the back bench but next to the driver side bench. You can see the plumbing/wiring in the photo. The wire shelf supports the slats from our bed mod but I keep thinking there is a better option.

Kat & Sam      Austin, TX        2018 T@B 400           "Oh, the Places You'll Go!"
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Is that a freestanding shelf, like you would use ina kitchen pantry? I like how you are thinking

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Yes, it is freestanding.  It is sturdy but lightweight. Still hoping to eke more storage out of this space.  Hoping someone will share that with us!
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I think Pop-Tab and maybe Michigan_Mike made a "bridge" of sorts to go over the wires so they could store their bed slats. Maybe search "driver's" or "drivers" for driver's side bench area would show some other ideas. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    DeeDeeDeeDee Member Posts: 115
    Our Alde is also in the back bench but next to the driver side bench.The wire shelf supports the slats from our bed mod but I keep thinking there is a better option.

Gotcha. We also did like Pop-Tab and Michigan_Mike, a bridge type slat holder. Would also like to see more ideas for storage in this limited space.
    DeeDee & The Captain
    2016 Orange MaxQ
    Henry's Fork River, Eastern Idaho