Options

Great bed slats

gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 507
I wanted something clean, not have to paint or stain and there at Lowe's it was! They have PVC boards all white all the way threw, smooth on one side, looks like lumber on the other. 3/4 x 5-1/2 x 8 foot. Cuts great and a 29-1/2 piece is very strong and light.
 I removed that heavy fold up table, and next mod will go with the Lagun table. Art
2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge

Comments

• Options
    jctangneyjctangney Member Posts: 76
    Any concern of them bending/curving over time? Of course just flipping them over might take care of it if they do. Sounds like they are worth investigating since they are not really seen anyway!

2016 T@B S Max, near Portland, OR

Photo Galleries www.pbase.com/jctangney

• Options
    Also, did you use this for the rails?

• Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 507
    I had rails on from the factory on my 2016 CS-S. I don't believe that 3/4 thick PVC will stay bent it is surprisingly strong.
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Options

Thanks. I see you also have a CS model. I assume that would be why you can use 5 1/2 inch wide slats. I have a regular S model, so if I left 5 of the slats 5 1/2 wide, then I would basically need to cut the 6th in half lengthwise to fit, as normally six 5 1/8 inch slats are used. I could put that narrow slat near the back (or even make two at about 4 1/8 to use with 4 full size).

• Options
    KyBawpawKyBawpaw Member Posts: 183
    edited April 2016
    I used a tongue and groove boards from Lowes. Cut in six sections. Strong enough to dance on (if you're short enough). Didn't bother to stain or paint, just sand them smooth. They are under the bedding while in use and stowed out of sight when not. 
    "Not all those who wander are lost"- J. R. R. Tolkien 
    2014 T@B-S