Options

Leak from City Water Port

We're storing our T@b in our garage and went out to check on something and saw a pool of water and a drip coming from the city water port. How should we troubleshoot this problem? Is there a gasket to be replaced? Could the black plastic hose adapter need to be replaced? Thanks!
McKinleyville, CA  T@b S Max Subaru Outback  "Poppy"

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited April 2016
    Is your T@B under warranty? That's one year from purchase as first owner. If under warranty, please contact your dealer. If no warranty, you can contact your dealer to see if they can look at it or refer you to a qualified RV repair service. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Did you have water hooked up to the T@B, or was this residual water after the hose was unattached?  Also, when you were/are hookep up to city water, did you use a pressure regulator?

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    ZTabZTab Member Posts: 18
    Our T@b was used and we live many hours away from the dealer. The water was not hooked up to the T@b also we do have a water pressure regulator. It was just sitting in the garage, plugged in but not to water
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I don't have an answer. My T@B hasn't done that. You can call the factory on Monday (phone numbers are on the right under contact numbers) and ask Ed or Marvin to see what may be causing this. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    A water pressure regulator is pretty cheap (less than $10) and can be found online or at Wal-Mart, Camping World, etc.  The T@B water system is not designed for high water pressure sometimes found in campgrounds.  Not saying this is your problem, but it could prevent one if it isn't.  Here's a picture of one.

Just to be sure, I would look inside the cabinets next to the wall where the water connection is located to be sure no lines are leaking inside.  You might hook water to the T@B and turn it on very low/slow to see where the water is coming from.  Is it actually coming out at the connection or maybe behind the connection.  This will help you determine what needs to be fixed, or at least where the water is actually coming from.  If it is just a bad water connection, they can be purchased online or at an RV supply store and should be fairly easy to change out.  Good luck!

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Frozen or ruptured pipes?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    They are in California. Larry, ZTab says they have a pressure regulator. 

ZTab, have the temps been above freezing?  As Jenn says frozen or ruptured pipes would be suspect here in the Midwest. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Oops.  I read that, but thought it said did not have one.  It's late and I'm old.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    Definitely not freezing temperatures, even in far Northern California! I'll trying hooking up to water tomorrow and see if we can learn something...
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    What year T@B do you have (always helpful information as things have rapidly changed).  Is there water dripping down the side of the T@B?

I have a 2012 and the fresh water tank release is directly below the city water intake.  It could be that that release is open and making it look like the water is coming from the intake.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    We have a 2014 s M@x, and there is water dripping from the black intake spout. It is definitely coming from that area.
  • Options
    Just tried hooking up to city water and it was spurting water at the connection and when we unscrewed the hose there was a lot of bubbling as if there was pressure coming from within. We will call LG on Monday.