Options

Free coolers

PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
There have been a few  discussions about coolers lately so I will pass this along.  If you have a dog or a cat their vet will get vaccines shipped in styrofoam containers. They usually throw them out but will save them if you ask. 

I I make feral cat winter shelters from them but they make good coolers too. 
John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    If you order from Omaha Steaks they ship in some nice coolers, too.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    They should for the price of their steaks - They should probably send you an Arb :-)
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    They should for the price of their steaks - They should probably send you an Arb :-)
    It's not hard to find a good deal on their meat. They are always running speciald. I like how the meat is individually seal wrapped.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Being from the upper plains, most grocery stores have Omaha quality steaks - While traveling, have not found that to be true. Lots of places with pitiful things they call steak.
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Being from the upper plains, most grocery stores have Omaha quality steaks - While traveling, have not found that to be true. Lots of places with pitiful things they call steak.
    I used to gave a nice little make where I bought produce and neat and it closed up. I haven't found local meat that I like, since.

• Options
    The last time I was in Texas, a fancy dining room had a steak labeled "The Pride of Texas" - I ordered it. Back home it wouldn't be served at a McDonalds.
  • Options
    bigskyboundbigskybound Member Posts: 16
    I agree with PXLated. Texas seems pretty proud of the crappy meat they raise.  I have had much better steaks in Wisconsin.  But back to the OP, these kind of repurposed coolers are good for trips when you have more than your usual amount of food and drinks to keep cold.  And if someone steals it, all you lose are the contents.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    (I think I figured out what Jenn was saying...
    "I used to have a nice little market where I bought produce and meat and...")   ;)

Those little markets are the best...
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    ChanW said:
    (I think I figured out what Jenn was saying...
    "I used to have a nice little market where I bought produce and meat and...")   ;)

Those little markets are the best...
    Those smartphone keypads are so small. I have the most trouble spelling "tge" which should be "the" , hitting the space bar instead of the "n" or "b", and hitting the "s" instead of the "a". I even do it on iPad with the larger keyboard. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    We've used them but don't let food touch the inside. I get the ones used for transporting donated eyeballs or refrigerated drugs.
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"
  • Options
    We've used them but don't let food touch the inside. I get the ones used for transporting donated eyeballs...
    Ewwwww.