Options

Tab off the lot

So when we went to look into ordering our 2016 T@B the dealer happened to have one in inventory and the wife fell in love with it. Needless to say a couple weeks later it was in our driveway. I was starting to notice a few oddities after getting home though. First being, I wasn't aware that the digital control panel and tanks monitor was added for this model year, but ours was likely built before that I suppose. I guess not a big deal, but would have been nice if I knew that beforehand. Second, there was an awning in a bag inside the trailer, bonus no doubt. Next, and most disturbing was the two bench's over the alde were screwed down, one screw in each. Got rid of those, when opened up there was a wheel for the trailer jack in the compartment with some use on it. And the last thing noticed was there wasn't a tv under the clamshell. Not a big deal here as we didn't want that anway. I started thinking and the only thing I could come up with was that this was likely a show camper used at their shows.  Everything else seems fine and new, just curious if anyone else had any ideas.  
2016 CS-SMax T@B. ~BB and B

Comments

• Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    edited April 2016
    The screwed down Alde bench compartment cover on the driver's side is standard. They come from the factory that way. I am guessing you didn't find the jockey wheel in there.  As for the other stuff, sounds like it may have been a show camper and maybe they added some additional screws to stop people at the shows from lifting up cushions and messing around with the guts? As long as it all works, I would be stoked you have a t@b!!!! :)

PS. Mine is a 2016 and does not have the digital panel. It is a fairly recent change. I am ok with that. 
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Congratz on your new arrival!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Only thing is, if it was a show room model, should that not have been disclosed by the dealer?

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    I guess it's a matter of terminology, but all T@Bs are showroom models if they have been in stock any length of time.  When I bought mine off the lot, there were three in stock and it was obvious that all of them had been tromped around in.  I noticed minor cosmetic damages to all three.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Very true, ours was off the lot as well, but our dealer was very straight forward about letting us know it was used for shows as well, and we got it at a discount because of that.

So long as you are happy with it, in the end that is all that really matters.  We lovingly use ours, and our dealer actually did before us as well, as shown by some of the slight work he put into it.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA