Options

PopT@B pictures

I hope these photos load. Finally have time to share a few "baby" pictures. It's been fun decorating/modifying storage space, etc. More pictures to follow as I have time.
Debbie

2014 T@B S M@xx with wetbath, aka PopT@B, silver with black trim, TV 2002 Chevy Avalanche

"Take only pictures, leave only footprints."

Comments

• Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    Well done. Part of the fun of the Tab, for me, is finding ways to use all of the available space... ...and modify as usage dictates. It forces you to think differently... and I love it. I like what you have done here.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    Looks great!
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Nice looking set-up and you definitely have made it your own!

Congrats Deb!!!!!  =D>

Happy Trails!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Hi, Debbie -- Great job on making your T@B so comfy!  I am curious as to how you affixed your spice rack.  Did you drill into the foam board?  Did you anchor it in anything?  Have any "drilling" tips?  Thanks!
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    CodeJunkieCodeJunkie Member Posts: 50

Beth, the rack actually came with large suction cups, but I used very short screws to attach it directly to the wall.   These are 2 short wire baskets that I found at Lowe's, then simply set them side-by-side to make one long spice rack.  It doesn't hold anything heavy, and I didn't want to chance coming through the outter shell, so the short screws work very nicley and no anchors were needed.  It really took some muscle though, even using a power drill, to get the holes drilled.  That wall is hard stuff!

Happy camping!

Debbie

2014 T@B S M@xx with wetbath, aka PopT@B, silver with black trim, TV 2002 Chevy Avalanche

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Nice looking set-up.  Is that a duffle bag shelf I see in the back?  I like that idea, would be nice with that and storage below it.  Hmmm... gives me some ideas :-D

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    twocutestwocutes Member Posts: 198
    edited August 2014
    These are super!  How is the toilet tissue roll attached?  Also, what department at Lowe's did you find those great little wire racks?
    Beth
    Minnesota
    Practicing to be a wanderer
    2020 T@B 320 CSS Boondock Lite
    2014 T@B 320 CSS M@xx
    2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 8 speed automatic
    2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8
    2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed manual
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    Debbie, have fun. Looks great!.
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options

Twocutes, the wire racks were in the Lowe's section where they have the shelving and storage.  The toilet paper holder is one that goes over the side of the tank.  Since the camper potty doesn’t have a tank, I used a 1½” square x 6” long block of balsa wood (purchased at Hobby Lobby) and notched the 1½”  side to accept the metal piece that would normally hang on the tank.  The TP holder hangs on the wood block, which attaches to the bathroom wall using a Command Strip.  The only trick when placing the whole thing under the sink is making sure there is room to replace the TP without taking the holder down.  I held it in place while removing the TP core and replacing it with a new roll before sticking it to the wall permanently.

Debbie

• Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    Nice ideas. I don't want to drill holes, YET. I was hoping suction cups would work, but not even on the shower door. I am a fan of them and use lots of small bathroom containers w/suction cups when we cruise. I hope to be innovative as you are, particularly with toilet tissue. I wondered how to keep it dry.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    One more thing: do you leave your bed down in the twin position all the time? What type of cover is that? Very nice.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    Cheryl74074Cheryl74074 Member Posts: 71
    Re: keeping the toilet paper dry...

I found one of these at a thrift shop, but apparently they are available again here (in different colors too): 
    Cheryl, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel, 2015 T@b S Maxx (T@bitha)
  • Options
    Judy, since I'm a solo camper I leave the bed setup as a twin most of the time.  It's easier than making it up every evening.  The cover in the photos is a twin-size comforter that I just tuck in around the edges.  I have a 2" memory foam/foam mattress topper under the comforter.
    Debbie

• Options
    Judy, I remove the TP from the bathroom area when showering.  The least little bit of moisture seems enough to cause it to disintegrate; that's why it's such a good TP for RVs.  I found a wire basket that would fit inside the latched compartment on the wall behind the toilet, and use it to store spare TP rolls.  A couple of screws secure it to the wood framing inside.  Very dry in there when latched shut.
    Debbie

• Options
    Looks very nice, Debbie. It will be my husband and me, I haven't decided which configuration would be best. I do like yours, but we read a lot and may just have to make it up at bedtime. Lots of options. Thank u

• Options
    jimandchantaljimandchantal Member Posts: 3
    I finally found some over the cabinet door organizers.  I bought mine at Winners, but they didn't have too much selection.  I also found a neat little website www.spectrumdiversified.com if anyone wants to check it out.
    Jim and Chantal, Calgary,AB 2015 T@b U M@xx, silver with red trim, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
  • Options
    Thanks Jim and Chantal, not much around here to choose from.

• Options
    Debbie, how did you attach that plastic holder in your bathroom?  My husband and I use some double-sided adhesive tape to hold 2 rolls of TP. Stayed up about a week.  I do,wish LG had used a wall medium that would work with suction.  I have so many neat things for those sort of things.
    they will not stick to anything but the bathroom mirror.

• Options
    Judy, the plastic bin is attached to the wall using Command strips, one at each end to hold it level.  The bin's design has holes, so the Command hooks were placed to line up with the holes for hanging.  I take it down when under way or things tend to bounce out, then just re-hang it at camp.
    Debbie

• Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    Debbie

What shelf unit are you using under the sink?

Thanks
    Conrad
  • Options
    gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
    Love the iron skillet.  It's the most used pan in the house or trailer.
  • Options
    Thank you.  I use those plastic storage containers frequently.  Our double sided tape just won't work, will use command hooks.
    I seasoned one of my old cast iron skillets just for the T@B
    On another note, are you using the cabinet under the frig?  I know we need to keep the vent clear, but I thought it is otherwise nice space.

• Options
    Conrad, there are so many of those plastic shelves available at Walmart and other stores in the shower/hardware section.

• Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    judymac said:
    Conrad, there are so many of those plastic shelves available at Walmart and other stores in the shower/hardware section.
    Thanks.  Not sure Wally World will work for me, the closest one is almost 1 hour away and I have stopped purchasing from them on-line since they got comprised.  

I found an old beat up rubber coated metal one in my garage that kinda works........it is just.......really....ugly.  Ah yes, vanity. B)  
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Deb, I went back and looked at your pictures on this thread, again today and you have such a nice looking, clean set up, I love it! Do you need to access the storage below to rear seats. If so, doe it majorly screw up your bedding?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014