Options

Good Sam RV Insurance

RudibuckRudibuck Member Posts: 20
edited April 2022 in Trailer & Towing
Does anyone have experience with the Good Sam RV Insurance Company? We received an offer in the mail and the premium is half of what we currently pay through Allstate. Any feedback regarding claim process, Customer Service, etc. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Might check out "Blue Sky" insurance also - specialize in campers/rvs - Policies etc get emailed as PDFs
  • Options
    I will do that. Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    We insure 3 vehicles and the T@B through The Hartford. The T@B is $75.00 a year.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Can't recall what I pay for the T@B but mine's more like homeowners insurance since I'm full-timing it.
  • Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    boo said:
    We insure 3 vehicles and the T@B through The Hartford. The T@B is $75.00 a year.
    If you don`t mind me asking, what model year is your T@B?.
    Also, is the $75. a year for liability only?.
    That price seems incredibly low for a $20,000 camper.
    The T@B is a 2015, liability, bodily injury, property damage, medical payments, uninsured motorist bodily injury is covered by my auto coverage. The rest is $75.00/yr. with $250/500 deductible.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    Good Sam is underwritten by Allied/Nationwide. I have them. When you pursue coverage, be sure to consider the following: 1. Do you have personal effects coverage? All of that extra stuff you keep onside might not be covered unless you do. 2. In the event of a total loss, what will they pay? ACV (actual cash value), which is typically based on finding comparable used units like what you had; replacement cost (which will pay for another new Tab), or Agreed Value (a preset amount that you will receive if your vehicle cannot be repaired). 3. Do you have any trip interruption coverage?

If you full-time, discuss that as you might want greater liability. If you think you might head south of the border, check your policy. Mexico typically requires a separate policy or endorsement. 

Dont find out after a loss what you should have e had. /soapbox
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for the great tips!
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Ours runs about $150 a year for collision/comprehensive through Alfa. (Alabama Farm Bureau) The liability is covered by our tow vehicle insurance, also through Alfa.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    FloridalohaFloridaloha Member Posts: 68
    I got a quote from Progressive for a 2016 T@B for $475/year if I pay it all up front, $580 if I pay monthly. This was through USAA (who farms out their RV insurance to Progressive) so they said it was a discounted rate. $500 deductible, full replacement value, roadside assistance. I estimated 48 days a year camping. I thought this was expensive and it appears it might be.  I'm wondering why liability, bodily injury, property damage, medical payments, and uninsured motorist bodily injury would need to be taken out twice, once for auto and once for an RV? Anyone know? 
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Our Progressive policy is a bit more than half that, including glass coverage and roadside assistance. We got the policy through an independent agent who handles our home and auto insurance. We have liability coverage through our home and auto insurance.

Do they understand it is a travel trailer and not a motor home?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    swei0009swei0009 Member Posts: 18
    Floridaloha I got a similar quote from Progressive (also via USAA).  I wonder if Photomom is on to something, and they think it's a motor home?  I'd hate to have to call and talk to someone, ugh.
  • Options
    KyBawpawKyBawpaw Member Posts: 183
    I have AAA+RV, is this the type of policy ya'll discussing?
    "Not all those who wander are lost"- J. R. R. Tolkien 
    2014 T@B-S
  • Options
    Norbert1223Norbert1223 Member Posts: 82
    My coverage is through Pemco and is also included with my vehicle coverage and is $96.00 a year.  
    Debbie and the Bulldogs; 2016 T@B Max S; 2016 Toyota 4 Runner