Options

"T@Bscaping"

PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
Okay, I am in the midst of mulching my garden beds. We have a roughly 12' by 18' oblong area of grass between the driveway and one of the planting beds. It is a pain to mow. Can you guess where I am going with this?

it occurred to me that I could spread a layer of newspaper to kill the grass, lay landscaping fabric over that, and spread 4 or 5 inches of mulch, and use it for parking the T@B. The downside is I wouldn't be able to plug it in to the outlet in the garage, but at least it wouldn't be blocking the driveway or basketball hoop. 

We we do not have a HOA, our town doesn't prohibit RV parking, and the neighbors think I'm crazy already.

So, good idea or bad idea?

John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    If it suits you, go for it!

I had an area in the side yard ready for the T@B before I got it. But, I couldn't quite make the angle turn to get the T@B far enough away from the privacy fence. So everyone gets to see her backed up to my garage in the dtiveway. It works for me.

After helping a friend on the phone diagnose the problem with his Alde Digital thermostat at midnight last night, it was so tempting to just lay down and go to sleep in the T@B. The neighbors know I'm nuts, so they wouldn't think anything about me coming out in the morning. Who cares what they think?
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    No problem parking on mulch all summer?

We have 2 garage bays, but 3 cars and a small boat trailer. Would love to park in front of the garage but it ain't happening. 
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Gravel would be better than mulch. You often either get or attract creepy crawly things with mulch. We had a barge batch here in our area last year with termites.

I have slept in my T@b in my backyard on more than one occasion. I don't care what the neighbors think, either.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Yes, gravel would be better than mulch. I was going to have the tires on bricks in the side yard, but it's now on asphalt in the driveway.   I was going to lay two lines of bricks for the tires to drive on in the side yard. (I have a bunch of unused bricks.). Even stepping stones would do.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    jschemeljschemel Member Posts: 79
    It'll need a cover to protect it from sun/weather. We have ours on the side yard on gravel with a portable garage covering it
    Jaynie and Larry - Palo Alto, CA - 2015 T@B CS-S - Expedition EL - Nights spent in "T@b Spirit of Holly" 97
    (9/22/19/
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    Gravel or paving stones, perhaps? Mulch would sink quicker under the weight, I feel. With the right amount of gravel & leveling, you may not have that issue. Oh & it's your property, do what you want! 
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    DeeDeeDeeDee Member Posts: 115
    Your neighbor's are gonna love you.  ;)
    DeeDee & The Captain
    2016 Orange MaxQ
    Henry's Fork River, Eastern Idaho

• Options
    DeeDee said:
    Your neighbor's are gonna love you.  ;)
    Well, my advantage is my driveway is 75' long and 20' wide. Photomom's driveway appears to be much shorter.  I have a neighbor with a 28' travel trailer in his driveway. I don't think that would work at Photomom's!  (And I'm glad I don't have to back his up!)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    We have a cover on order. It "should" come with the T@B. 

Our driveway is over 100' long, 2 cars wide for 2/3 of the way, 3 cars wide for the rest. Plenty of room, but we all like to drive our own cars so jockeying the vehicles around isn't an option. 

As for my neighbors, it's not like I'm going to park an ugly hulking motor home out there!
  • Options
     :o.  :bow:
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    @Photomom do my eyes see correctly? Is the arrival of your T@b imminent?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    I thought so. The dealer told my yesterday that it had departed Ohio. As that's a 5 hour drive I figured it would arrive yesterday. Haven't heard anything today. So who knows. I have camping reservations for Allegany SP next weekend and if I have to take an old tent I will NOT be happy.