Options

2008 T@B CS Stock tire - steel rim switching to a 2016 comparable Alloy Rim and Radial Tire

jimbo17jimbo17 Member Posts: 4

Hi,

I have a 2008 T@B CS with stock tires and steel rims.  195/60/15    I am looking to replace with new 2016 alloy rims and conventional tires. 

Has anyone done this?...if so, what is the appropriate new tire size.  eg.  205/75/14 looks comparable?  The bolt pattern also looks a little different than a regular trailer 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern?  Did you use a conventional Auto or RV alloy rims?

Thanks for the help and advice,

Jim  

Comments

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    The Dutchmen T@Bs with the alloy wheels use a low profile 16" car tire. I know of at least one owner that got a different set of rims of the same size and bolt pattern.

The tire size for the Alloy Rims is 205/55/R16

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Here are some additonal specs

5 Spoke Alloy (marked JWL-Japan Light Wheel Alloy)

16x7"

Bolt Circle: 5x112mm

Offset: 37mm, Positive (measured at 38.1mm)

Lug Bolt Size: M12x1.5, 24mm thread length, (54mm overall) Conical Seat

w/ 17mm Socket size

Mounted to AL-KO Euro Axle w/ Brake Drum/System #1637 (160mmx37mm)

Original Tire Size 205/55 R16, weight rating 91T

Discount Tire was able to source replacement wheels for under $100/ea

The only other match for this size that I could source was:

1997 Mercedes CLK 430 205/55/R16 7x16 ET37 E-208335

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    jimbo17jimbo17 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks very much for the reply.  I will chase down these options.  Not many options if we get stuck on the side of the road.  I wonder if anyone else has found any different matches?   I would like to use a 14" rim with a higher profile tire.
  • Options
    anniesantanniesant Member Posts: 4
    do you know the hub bore size for the above wheel?  I have a new to me 2007 T@b that i'm trying to build a spare tire for as it didn't come with one.  also, i see mention in these posts re: the spare being stored underneath the camper - which doesn't appear to be the case on my model.  however, there is a tire-sized storage space under the passenger side seat inside.  is anyone else familiar with spare storage on a 2007 t@b?  thank you!
  • Options
    SubmarinerSubmariner Member Posts: 14
    I am looking at a 07 T@B but I was wondering if you could put a new axle under it to give a little more clearance like the ones on a boondock?
    Retired Navy, 20 years submarine force, 13 years onboard boats, about 9 years underwater, and you ask that silly question, "Why are you that way?"   LOL
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited May 2021
    Your TaB is built by Dutchman and has a different European axle from the current nüCamp production.  While it could be done with some custom fabrication, it would be easier to add the shock kit that is available for the AL-KO Euro Axle w/ Brake Drum/System #1637.  You might also be able to install a lift kit?

I would keep the stock AL-KO axle, as this is a great setup with surge brakes, which do not require an electrical brake controller in the tow vehicle.  Adding the shocks should get you a small lift, you already have 16-inch wheels, while the new Boondock axle/wheel is a 15-inch wheel/tire. uses, You may be able to get a slightly larger diameter (outside diameter) AT wheel to fit your current rim, which along with the shock kit, would raise your ground clearance by an inch or more.

Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    SubmarinerSubmariner Member Posts: 14
    I wonder if there is a way to put a block between the axle and the springs to get another 2" of clearance.  or is the wheel well to small to support a larger tire?

Retired Navy, 20 years submarine force, 13 years onboard boats, about 9 years underwater, and you ask that silly question, "Why are you that way?"   LOL