Options

Wanna Be

cindikentcindikent Member Posts: 1

Hi,  I am at the dreaming stage and hope to purchase a T@B within the next year.  I am an avid tent camper and love camping with my teenage daughter.  However, my daughter will be leaving for college before I know it and I'm hoping that I can handle a T@B   camper on  my own (hitching, stabilizing, etc.).  I live in Cincinnati and rarely see them at our nearby campgrounds. Whenever I do see them, I make fast friends with the owners.  I'm excited to be part of this forum and learn more from all of you T@B experts! 

Cindi

Comments

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Cindi -- There's a lot to be gained from this Forum, and you've come to the right place to find info on potential ownership.  I was hyper-afraid of hitching and towing, but the T@B is so easy to tow and navigate.  For me (in my first season of camping) I find that hitching is the easiest part.  Learning how to safely tow my T@B among the cars on the road is my biggest challenge, but each trip brings more confidence -- just get out there!!!  I honestly don't think you can find an easier trailer to tow that weighs 1,700 lbs. than the T@B.   You have tent camping experience, so you will do just fine.  :D
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    Cindi, there are many of us women out there solo camping.  My hubby only comes along about 25% of the time.  Towing, hitching, leveling will all become habit soon after getting your T@B.  Don't let it worry you, as it's all very easy.   BTW, when our middle daughter was in college she missed camping, so we'd meet at a campground mid-way between our "homes" :D
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited July 2014
    Welcome to the forum Cindi as you've come to the right place that has many knowledgeable/well seasoned T@B owners willing to help out!   Also, you can read the Little Forum too for tips that can also be beneficial for a T@B so look around both forum areas and the best to you as your new life and adventures begin!

Happy Trails!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ