Options

Jack e up issue?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pop-T@BPop-T@B Member Posts: 199
    I just spoke with Jessica at LG, She is going to place a order for these yet this week. I have them ready to ship, so they should be back in stock on the teardrop website in a few days.  Please let me know if you have any questions about it.  Thanks, Shawn
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Thanks for the quick reply Shawn!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    I can't understand why the Teardrop Shop makes it so hard to find Pop-Tab's product.  You must know to type in "removable tongue jack" to find it.  It seems they prefer selling the JEU.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Know what you mean Frank - I sure couldn't find it - Wonder if Nucamp will develop their own (and hopefully better) store.
  • Options
    texasaubiefantexasaubiefan Member Posts: 62
    Thanks.  Quick question.  The installation instructions indicate the plate only goes in one direction.  I trust that there's no problem in turning the jack around so the crank faces the TAB.  I've got a big spare on my jeep and can't use the crank as is without removing the bike rack I have mounted to the jeep without a hitch extension. 

2017 T@B 320-S, Sofitel (M@bel)
    Mabel is my great grandmother that I never knew.  She took her 3 sons (ages 8-2) on an epic adventure from Alabama to Florida in the 1930's in the back of a pick up truck.  I named my female English springer spaniel after my mother.  Might as well go for broke with the brownie points in Heaven!   
    TV: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew 
    David & Jill, Houston, TX
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    David - Could you take a pic of your Jeep bike rack when hooked up (no rush), want to add one to my Jeep but worried about how tight I'd be able to turn. Other option is a hitch receiver on the front.
    I've got the Jack-E-Up with the crank handle facing the T@B
  • Options
    @PXLated - here you go.  It's not hooked up, but it's pretty close and the ball is just off the hitch to the left.  The dealer had installed a hitch extension because of the tire but I wasn't comfortable with it.  So I got a different ball mount.  I'm definitely adding the removable tongue jack.  I think this is fine carrying 1 bicycle which is all I intend to do.  Doing two - I suspect you might have some turn radius issues.  I love the rack as it's perfect in town and the fact it fits in my garage without me having to remove it like I did my old one.  
    Mabel is my great grandmother that I never knew.  She took her 3 sons (ages 8-2) on an epic adventure from Alabama to Florida in the 1930's in the back of a pick up truck.  I named my female English springer spaniel after my mother.  Might as well go for broke with the brownie points in Heaven!   
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    From what I understand, some JKU owner's have had door day issues when mou ting a bigger tire so you might want to be careful about adding extra weight to the door. The solution has been the after market swing away bumper mounts.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NewfisherNewfisher Member Posts: 105
    There are also aftermarket rienforcing plates to use inside the gate. I believe rugged ridge? The gates will start to have pucker marks when used alot. I use a tire swing on a Metal Cloak bumper and the 37 still sags the swing. 
  • Options
    The good news is I only did 33s.  I'll be adding the teraflex hinged carrier sometime this summer before I do any serious offroading.  Supposedly it'll allow a tighter mount near the gate which should increase my clearance to the ball.  And the bike won't be on it for offroad so the weight should be great.   Besides, the teraflex gives me some mounting options for jacks, etc..  One thing I've found with these little trailers - they're a lot like jeeps - you're never done with the mods.