Options

Ground clearance

JltabJltab Member Posts: 89
Anybody knows? I just measured mine it's like 6 1/2", from the bottom of the axle to the ground
2016 T@B Maxx S, Nissan Pathfinder

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Well, if you just measured it, that's what yours is I guess :-)
    Are you asking because you think yours may vary from others?
  • Options
    JltabJltab Member Posts: 89
    I just thought that the ground clearance is low, I just want to know if 6 1/2" is the same as the rest of the same model
    2016 T@B Maxx S, Nissan Pathfinder
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I haven't measured mine for a long time but yes, it is low. I do a lot of boondocking and haven't had a problem but one does need to watch it and do a little bobbing/weaving around things. The Outback model has a higher clearance. Personally, the places I couldn't get to with my regular model I also couldn't have gotten to with an Outback.
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    We took our spare tire off the bottom/back and mounted it on the tongue to improve ground clearance; I'm guessing it was less than 6" with the tire back there

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    source3source3 Member Posts: 142
    edited May 2016
    Don't forget the tounge/trailer hitch point.  Going over dips/washouts will cause a very low point at the hitch.  You can easily take out the grey water cleanout.

At the bottom of the valley your TV will be pointed up and the trailer down.
    Andrew P. 
    Durango, CO

• Options
    I can attest to that - Wiped out my gray water valve assemply on either a drainage dip going thru a town or a gas station entrance. Or weakened it in one and wiped it out at the other.