Options

Anyone towing a T@B-S Maxx with a four cylinder sedan?

MKMMKM Member Posts: 6
edited October 2014 in Trailer & Towing
Would like to hear from you and how well your four cylinder is handling towing a T@B trailer. Thanks for your time and input!

Comments

• Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    We tow ours with a 2004 Jetta TDI Sedan, 4-cylinder.  Other than wiring the brake controller ($$$$), she tows nice and so far I see ~25 MPG towing.  (45-50 Hwy without towing).

The diesel has plenty of torque to tow, and with the brake controller set up right the camper almost does the braking for the car :)
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    We have a 2011 EX Kia Optima and a 2014 AWD LX Kia Sorento. The Sorento has a basic tow package already and we plan to upgrade it to the 7 pin model so we can tow when we get our T@B next spring.
  • Options
    tabascotabasco Member Posts: 23
    We tow our T@B with a 2005 Subaru Forester 2'5L.  4 cyl. Non turbo so only 170 h.p. We try to be carful about not overloading with excess gear in T@B or car.

Cruising at 55 to 60 mph seems very comfortable and reasonably economical, about 18 to20mpg,(any faster and consumption goes up dramatically)

Braking and general handling are very good and you hardly know you are towing, its really very stable. Mountain passes and long uphill grades make you very aware that

you are not driving a turbo model, especially at very high altitudes, and fuel consumption goes up up noticeably.

T@Basco T@B and 2005 Subaru Forester . Victoria B.C.
  • Options
    Thank you, T@Basco! I appreciate your input. My Optima has a 200 hp engine and I've been told that my car, when sold in Europe, has a towing rating of up to 2,000 lbs. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get anyone here in the US to say my car is capable of towing a light travel trailer or any trailer for that matter. It is very frustrating.