Options

I want to own a Tab MaxS

JWhite1824JWhite1824 Member Posts: 1
Hi All,

looking at at making the first purchase and I am still looking and double checking what features are important and I have plenty of questions for you. Well been camping didn't like the run to bathrooms so I know wet bath for sure. I live on east coast so there are dealers near my state but inventory is very low so I haven't did a actual look but I plan on it. Here are my questions. What is a good price for a tab s. The prices are all over thaw place. I don't know what to do yet for negotiation of price. I don't want to be rip off. Is it better just to deal with the factory instead of a dealer. Do I have more options/ choices from factory, is it better to pick up there instead of dealership. Do they track where it is in the factory. Can I do custom color.dealers are one in md, few in Delaware North Carolina. I have a 2015 Jeep Compass to pull her.  Thanks for helping 

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    First, welcome aboard.

A lot of questions there, I understand, but slow down a little.

I'll start with the pricing and dealers.  You can only order the a new T@B from a dealer, you cannot order it factory direct.  There are many options available, take your time to visit a dealer or two and walk through a few T@Bs first so you can see them first hand and decide if they are right for you.  While I love my T@B, they are not for everyone.

Where are you coming from?  The dealer in Maryland is Beckley's, and as of a couple of weeks ago they had at least a dozen on the lot.  They also have one T@B for rent.  They are a very large dealership.

Miller Trailer Sales in Eastern PA only deals in small trailers, the T@B being the biggest they carry.  I do not know how many he might have right now, but they are very good to work with and know their stuff.  I have heard good things about a few other dealers, but they are much further afield.

Pricing does vary, and because they are so popular, there is not much room to negotiate.  You are just going to have to shop around.

Many questions you might have have already been answered here on the forum, be sure to use the search feature first, it is the quickest way to get the info you are looking for.

Good luck.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    In addition to search, scan thru the topic categories on the right in areas that might help at this stage.
  • Options
    Roadie_ORoadie_O Member Posts: 40
    I kinda averaged the asking prices on the model I wanted to order, and figured that gave me the best idea of what was fair. My dealer quoted a price much less than where I expected to start, so negotiating was basically non-existent. And, though I have to wait until July, I get a brand new T@b with all the color combos and add ons I wanted, including upgraded interior fabric, which I'm extra-excited about!
  • Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    I don't want to disappoint you but it looks like the towing capacity for a 2015 Jeep Compass is only 1000 pounds..........which is insufficient to pull a T@B.
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Agree with TABalong above plus it is illegal and would most likely negate you insurance were you to get in an accident.
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God